website statistics

Auto Racing Discussion Thread

vlad

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Hogwash! It's Indianapolis 500, not Indianapolis 510. NASCAR's overtime aka green-white-checkered is pure bullshit for me and artificial gimmick that should be removed but quite frankly they've gone even further with mandatory 4 drivers in the title race at the last race. NASCAR is like the LAST place you search for ideas to improve quality of racing.

If those stupid rules were in place in 1998 then Dale Earnhardt would have probably never won Daytona 500 :lol:

If rain-shortened races are valid and someone can be called an Indy 500 winner after actually winning Indy 320 or something then it makes no sense that a potential leader at the 500 mile mark can't be called a winner because of some artificial gimmick. Nobody cares about Indianapolis 510 winners.

PS. Thank God for Pigot's crash because Dixon has made this season a complete dud already. I was obviously cheering for Sato here :p

I was definitely cheering for Sato as well, too bad the race - which in itself was a rather good one - ended in such an anticlimactic way.

About the rest of your post, I'll use your own word: hogwash :) Nobody said Sato can't be called an Indy 500 winner, no idea where you even got that nonsense from.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I was definitely cheering for Sato as well, too bad the race - which in itself was a rather good one - ended in such an anticlimactic way.

About the rest of your post, I'll use your own word: hogwash :) Nobody said Sato can't be called an Indy 500 winner, no idea where you even got that nonsense from.

I wasn't talking about this specific race and Sato as the winner. NASCAR's overtime rules are trash no matter who profits from them and I'd support a finish under yellow at Indy even if Dixon would have won it. Save those damn gimmicks for NASCAR. Guess you completely missed my point.

Sato with a madman move past O'Ward :lol: 

Ferrucci nearly managed to screw up the fight for the win, luckily that's something he didn't manage to do though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...

Oscar Piastri is the new Formule 3 champion after a nice battle with Theo Pourchaire in the last race.

This weekend is the 24 Hours of Le Mans :cheer: 

The by now traditional spotters guide can be found right here:

https://spotterguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/20_LM24_V2.pdf

The start is at 14.30 tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Let the Main Event begin!

Goodbye to LMP1 in it's final LM.

And please, don't stop them when it begins to rain. Enough kids protocols...

End of an era. I began watching during the Audi v. Peugeot days.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela