website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

7 ore fa, Nate River ha scritto:

...anyone has any clue what the difference is between the Snowboard mixed team slalom and the Snowboard alpine mixed team parallel event?

I guess the first one is a simple slalom with addition of times of a man and a woman (or 2+2, it doesn't change anything), meanwhile the second one would be a parallel event (slalom or PGS, TBD) with a format like the current team event in Alpine Skiing...

but this is just my interpretation...it could well be something different (like 2 parallel events, one with slalom course and the other with PGS course)...it's difficult to get it right until they explain something more properly...

by the way...I'm disgusted by all kind of team and mixed events proposed by the FIS Congress...and I hope they're not gonna be part of the next OG...

49 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Still do not understand why dual moguls has never been proposed.

Because Canada already wins enough medals ;)

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Nothing is final but...

Luge men's quotas will be reduced to 35 and women increased to 35, skeleton will also see same difference. Men to 25 (from 30) and Women up to 25 (from 20).

Not sure about bobsleigh

I would imagine four-man to 25 and women’s to 25

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 hours ago, intoronto said:

Nothing is final but...

Luge men's quotas will be reduced to 35 and women increased to 35, skeleton will also see same difference. Men to 25 (from 30) and Women up to 25 (from 20).

Not sure about bobsleigh

Not sure about luge, but for skeleton I'd say that's good news since the women's field, especially right beneath the very top, is rather competitive.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 3 weeks later...

New events:

Women’s Monobob

Mixed Short Track Speed Skating Relay

Mixed Ski Jumping Team Event

Men’s and women’s Ski Big Air

Mixed Team Aerials

Mixed Team Snowboardcross

Quota changes:

Biathlon: -20

Bobsleigh: -12 men, +12 women

Curling: +4 (2 added mixed doubles teams)

Ice Hockey: +46 (2 added women’s teams)

Skating: -26

Skiing: -41

Edited by NearPup

1 minute ago, Nate River said:

Women’s Monobob

Meh. At least better than adding the utterly competitionless women's 4.

Mixed Short Track Speed Skating Relay

What the fuck, that's not even a thing...at all. 

Mixed Ski Jumping Team Event

Meh. At least better than adding the women's team event with maybe 1-2 nations having a chance.

Men’s and women’s Ski Big Air

And down goes the hope that the whole Big Air was just one mistake in 2018 and we won't see it again.

Mixed Team Aerials

Why?

Mixed Team Snowboardcross

Why?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh well, it's cute that they added an event created for the Youth Olympics, to at least give 'something'.