website statistics
Jump to content
  • Welcome to Totallympics, the home of Olympic Sports!

    Register now to gain access to all of our features and follow all sports events with us here on Totallympics!

     

Winter Olympic Games 2022 Olympic Sports Programme



Recommended Posts

  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am pretty sure Totallympics collectively could create a better sports program.     

Did you know Bach is an OIympic Champion from 1976, in Fencing no less?

Posted Images

Also, there's quite often talk or at least discussion about cyclo-cross being added to the Winter Olympics. It most definitely is a winter sport, although it's not by definition done on ice or snow.

 

Personally I'd like it because the sport is just really cool to watch (if the course is muddy or snowy or something), but since it only really is big in Belgium and to a smaller degree in the Netherlands, I doubt it has a chance (and maybe a little in Czech Republic until Stybar sadly moved away to the road).

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Also possible is team madison in short track speed skating, and team sprints in long track. 


The FIS also proposed dual moguls and team snowboard cross last time but that was rejected

Team sprints in long track does seem like something ISU would want to add, especially since nobody cares about it and there are (literally) World Cup events with 3-4 teams in them :p 

 

Sort of like the mass start, which was already added hastily to the Olympic programme without having been tested on the World Cup circuit thoroughly, leading to situations where even 15 minutes after the finish nobody had a clue who had actually won and why.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

 

Whatever happens, this should be added :d 

 

(although Bruna (Moura) might stop with biathlon then to do this....that's not good :p )

 

The problem is that the World Rankings only have 16 countries so far. Rather interestingly Singapore and Romania are both major contributors (Next year's Worlds are also in Romania), while the rest are bigger winter sports countries

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Also, there's quite often talk or at least discussion about cyclo-cross being added to the Winter Olympics. It most definitely is a winter sport, although it's not by definition done on ice or snow.

 

Personally I'd like it because the sport is just really cool to watch (if the course is muddy or snowy or something), but since it only really is big in Belgium and to a smaller degree in the Netherlands, I doubt it has a chance (and maybe a little in Czech Republic until Stybar sadly moved away to the road).

 

Could be interesting for Denmark if Simon Andreassen keeps on riding it :p

Seb Coe wants cross-country running as well :)

 

 

Personally I would love an elimination race in long track speed skating

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Agger said:

 

Could be interesting for Denmark if Simon Andreassen keeps on riding it :p

Seb Coe wants cross-country running as well :)

 

 

Personally I would love an elimination race in long track speed skating

 

If they take out the mass starts (which are way too short anyway) and add like a 50km elimination race, that'd be pretty cool :) 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If they take out the mass starts (which are way too short anyway) and add like a 50km elimination race, that'd be pretty cool :) 

 

 

50km elimination? :lol:

 

No, same rules as track cycling. Someone gets out every two laps.

All King Victor Emmanuel's Show Horses Can Make Really Beautiful People Fall

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Sindo featured this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...