website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Olympic Sports Programme

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

It could also give you a spot as no. 22 on the men's world rankings is Dutch (former Olympic Speed skating champion Jochem Uytdehaage)! :p

Cool, I didn't know :d 

I still have Uytdehaage's legendary 12:58.92 in Salt Lake City clear as day in my mind :bowdown:

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Also, there's quite often talk or at least discussion about cyclo-cross being added to the Winter Olympics. It most definitely is a winter sport, although it's not by definition done on ice or snow.

Personally I'd like it because the sport is just really cool to watch (if the course is muddy or snowy or something), but since it only really is big in Belgium and to a smaller degree in the Netherlands, I doubt it has a chance (and maybe a little in Czech Republic until Stybar sadly moved away to the road).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Also possible is team madison in short track speed skating, and team sprints in long track. 

The FIS also proposed dual moguls and team snowboard cross last time but that was rejected

Team sprints in long track does seem like something ISU would want to add, especially since nobody cares about it and there are (literally) World Cup events with 3-4 teams in them :p 

Sort of like the mass start, which was already added hastily to the Olympic programme without having been tested on the World Cup circuit thoroughly, leading to situations where even 15 minutes after the finish nobody had a clue who had actually won and why.

17 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Whatever happens, this should be added :d 

(although Bruna (Moura) might stop with biathlon then to do this....that's not good :p )

The problem is that the World Rankings only have 16 countries so far. Rather interestingly Singapore and Romania are both major contributors (Next year's Worlds are also in Romania), while the rest are bigger winter sports countries

No chance for Ice Stock Sport? It's the only winter sport in which Brazil has won a medal at the world championships, and the (low) media coverage it receives around here always mentions hopes for it to be part of the Olympics in the future.

13 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Also, there's quite often talk or at least discussion about cyclo-cross being added to the Winter Olympics. It most definitely is a winter sport, although it's not by definition done on ice or snow.

Personally I'd like it because the sport is just really cool to watch (if the course is muddy or snowy or something), but since it only really is big in Belgium and to a smaller degree in the Netherlands, I doubt it has a chance (and maybe a little in Czech Republic until Stybar sadly moved away to the road).

Could be interesting for Denmark if Simon Andreassen keeps on riding it :p

Seb Coe wants cross-country running as well :)

Personally I would love an elimination race in long track speed skating

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

Could be interesting for Denmark if Simon Andreassen keeps on riding it :p

Seb Coe wants cross-country running as well :)

Personally I would love an elimination race in long track speed skating

If they take out the mass starts (which are way too short anyway) and add like a 50km elimination race, that'd be pretty cool :) 

30 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

If they take out the mass starts (which are way too short anyway) and add like a 50km elimination race, that'd be pretty cool :) 

50km elimination? :lol:

No, same rules as track cycling. Someone gets out every two laps.

#banbestmen