website statistics

Judo at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Completely stupid event. Mixed relays make some sense, but mixed events where the individual performances are just added up and don't really have anything to do with each other are completely pointless. Why not make a mixed football event: Final ranking in men's tournament + final ranking in women's tournament and the nation with the highest average finish gets a gold medal ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

That seems a little unfair. I've seen several other Brazilians and they were definitely fighting for it. It can be a lack of quality, mistakes being made, bad luck, bad shape or a combination of all that, but that's all something different than not fighting for it and I really doubt they were actually thinking "Ah I'll try but never mind"...

Although I do see the same here in the Netherlands, with people saying they barely tried. That's just unfair, even if the performance was far below par, probably nobody is more disappointed than themselves in reality. Because you can bet that they all tried.

You may be right (I cant believe that I said it :p)

Saying that they didn't fight for it, may sound unfair...

However, this is a sport that I love. I practice when I was a child, and one of the best days for me in Rio, was when I watched one finals day (Majlinda :KOS :cheer:). So, it hurts a lot in me seeing a poorly performance from our team there...

We had a lot of judokas losing in the very benning of their fights, and a few losing by shidos, SHIDOS! This is unaceptable for me. As @vinipereirasaid. I'm glad we won't see most of these names in the next cycle.

Mixed Teams
Final Results

:FRA  France  

Amandine Buchard

Sarah Leonie Cysique

Clarisse Agbegnenou

Margaux Pinot

Romane Dicko

Madeleine Malonga

Guillaume Chaine

Kilian le Blouch

Axel Clerget

Alexandre Iddir

Teddy Riner

:JPN  Japan      

Uta Abe

Tsukasa Yoshida

Chizuru Arai

Miku Tashiro

Shori Hamada

Akira Sone

Hifumi Abe

Shohei Ono

Shoichiro Mukai

Takanori Nagase

Hisayoshi Harasawa

Aaron Wolf

:GER  Germany        

Katharina Menz

Theresa Stoll

Giovanna Scoccimarro

Martyna Trajdos

Jasmin Grabowski

Anna-Maria Wagner

Sebastian Seidl

Igor Wandtke

Dominic Ressel

Eduard Trippel

Johannes Frey

Karl-Richard Frey

:ISR  Israel       

Timna Nelson-Levy

Shira Rishony

Gili Sharir

Raz Hershko

Inbar Lanir

Tohar Butbul

Baruch Shmailov

Li Kochman

Sagi Muki

Peter Paltchik

Or Sasson

Gold Medal Match

:FRA  France   4 - 1  Japan  :JPN

Bronze Medal Matches

:GER  Germany  4 - 2  Netherlands  :NED
:ISR  Israel  4 - 1  ROC  :ROC

Full Brackets Here

• 2 weeks later...
11 hours ago, OlympicsFan said:

Does anyone know why Russia did so badly here? Is this representative of their current level or did they have bad luck?

From what I’ve understand, it was the pressure of preforming and getting results no matter what happens, “in regular Olympic Games “ Russia well.. is Russia and they got more athletes, so the pressure is divided between more people