website statistics

Freestyle Skiing at the Winter Olympic Games 2018

hckošice

8 minutes ago, Nate River said:

No. They are simply gone.

The per country limit really should be 40 (rather than 30), it would have prevented or at least mitigated this situation where there are unused quotas both in Sochi and here.

The reason for the limit is to increase participation of smaller/weaker nations. Just filling the spots with more Canadians and Americans (the only nations where the limit hurt) doesn't help things. I can see the IOC reducing quotas for the sport.

1 hour ago, JoshMartini007 said:

The reason for the limit is to increase participation of smaller/weaker nations. Just filling the spots with more Canadians and Americans (the only nations where the limit hurt) doesn't help things. I can see the IOC reducing quotas for the sport.

The US had to turn down four women’s ski cross quotas that ended up going u filled. How does that help anybody?

13 minutes ago, Nate River said:

The US had to turn down four women’s ski cross quotas that ended up going u filled. How does that help anybody?

And in other events the bottom ranked nations would be pushed out to fill more Canadian/Americans, how is that suppose to help the sport?

23 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

And in other events the bottom ranked nations would be pushed out to fill more Canadian/Americans, how is that suppose to help the sport?

Most of the reallcations went to countries that already had quotas, only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Denmark in women’s half pipe.

8 minutes ago, Nate River said:

Most of the reallcations went to countries that already had quotas, only exception I can think of off the top of my head is Denmark in women’s half pipe.

Ignoring the max quota the following nations would be excluded from the following events

:AUS (men's ski cross)

:GER (women's slopestyle)

:HUN (women's half-pipe)

:KAZ (men's aerials)

Hungary is a big one to miss out, while the others just makes the event more diverse.

Edited by JoshMartini007

• 2 weeks later...

Start list of Qualification 1 for Womens and mens moguls. The top 10 will directly qualify for the finals, all remaining finishers will have another attempt in Qualification 2, the womens on Saturday and mens on Sunday before their respective finals.

Women´s Moguls Qualification 1 Start List

Men´s Moguls Qualification 1 Start List

And down goes the Korean girl :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!