website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2021

Totallympics

14 hours ago, Monzanator said:

And he blames Verstappen for the crash. What an absolute twat. Horner is fuming and Marko wants him suspended. Hell yeah, the payback is coming at Hamilton sooner than you can say Silverstone. I believe he really thinks he's better than everyone else around him. Another spoiled entitled brat.

Man I'm rooting so hard against Hamilton every race.   I'm so sick of this Mercedes dominance.    They wouldn't given him the 10 seconds if it was max's fault.    It's so annoying that even with the 10 seconds he won.  Fucking Ferrari.......  

15 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Haha, Hamilton with the most exaggerated reaction I've ever seen from any race winner in F1 (and considering how many he has won, that says a lot) :lol:

Took out the only one who is faster, needed his teammate to let him by and then won against a semi-crippled Ferrari, followed by post race reactions as if he has just shown the world's greatest race in history :d

He did drive well to get the win back after the red flag. I think you can tell it means more to him this season when he is actually threatened for the title

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

6 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

He did drive well to get the win back after the red flag. I think you can tell it means more to him this season when he is actually threatened for the title

It's not so much that he didn't drive well, it's that everything fell in his favour and yet he is acting as if it is his greatest win ever. He has plenty of wins in which he was actually clearly a level above the field, yesterday that was not at all the case. He beat someone he had to quite literally get out of the way, someone who let him go by, someone who had a semi-crippled Ferrari and the other potential threats after his fairly easy penalty had bad pitstops and started from the back :d 

Which is all not his fault or anything, but it might warrant a bit of a more humble reaction instead of presenting himself as the grand maestro of the race and going full-attack on Verstappen even when the stewards have clearly put the blame entirely on Hamilton.

He is a very good driver, he doesn't need these things.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

35 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

It's not so much that he didn't drive well, it's that everything fell in his favour and yet he is acting as if it is his greatest win ever. He has plenty of wins in which he was actually clearly a level above the field, yesterday that was not at all the case. He beat someone he had to quite literally get out of the way, someone who let him go by, someone who had a semi-crippled Ferrari and the other potential threats after his fairly easy penalty had bad pitstops and started from the back :d 

Which is all not his fault or anything, but it might warrant a bit of a more humble reaction instead of presenting himself as the grand maestro of the race and going full-attack on Verstappen even when the stewards have clearly put the blame entirely on Hamilton.

He is a very good driver, he doesn't need these things.

He was just celebrating a home victory. He appreciates the British crowd a lot (because it's the only one that doesn't hate him lol)

In brotherhood unfold

6 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Humble? Hamilton said he doesn't care what people think. He is anything but humble.

When you're that good you shouldn't care what others think

In brotherhood unfold

8 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

When you're that good you shouldn't care what others think

Maybe so, but people rarely admire arrogance.

Besides it doesn't fit with the activism image Hamilton tries to build lately. If he doesn't care what people think then don't be surprised that people ignore his social crusade. BLM is as good as out of the mainstream flow already.

Hamilton could have passed Leclerc anywhere given the difference between cars but had to show he's the boss and would caused another incident if Leclerc hadn't given up immediately - he's like the bully on the road who doesn't slow down at signs because he think the others must let him pass.

32 minutes ago, Mkbw50 said:

He was just celebrating a home victory. He appreciates the British crowd a lot (because it's the only one that doesn't hate him lol)

Interesting, since he calls nearly every crowd 'the greatest crowd in the world' when he wins :p Part of his default PR talk, of course.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Hamilton didn't exactly rammed Verstappen a la Schumacher . But neither did he approached the corner's apex.

- o -

So now FIA claims that there's a longtime policy of judging only actions and not results. I agree that only intentional moves should be penalized.

However, I think that if someone is determined to have caused an avoidable contact, then the penalty should also consider the effect of the move.