website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Yes but it was quite obvious that the race can't run, so why even put the cars on the track? they didnt see what happened to Norris??

Because it's always worth going out there to see the conditions. Norris' mistake was unfortunate, but doesn't necessarily mean racing wouldn't be possible. If there wasn't as much spray (and, mostly aquaplaning), it would have been possible. Now it wasn't, which you find out by driving around.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Look, these morons try to look good by saying the bad weather wasn't to be detected on the radar and they couldn't call it off right away but tried to wait out to see if it gets better. You should learn to NEVER trust what FIA officials have to say. Or Liberty Group. Just because Bernie Ecclestone is gone it doesn't mean his style of F1 governance is gone. It's not.

Norris' crash was caused by him not lifting early enough into the corner. It was a driver error caused by his lack of respect to the corner & weather conditions. 30 years ago F1 drivers downshifted when approaching Eau Rogue, now everyone takes it flat out in the dry. It was bound to happen one of the video game era drivers like Norris would make an error like that. Not the old-timers like Alonso or Raikkonen.

Kimi Raikkonen will retire at the end of the season. It's widely expected Valtteri Bottas takes his place at Alfa Romeo and George Russell can finally be announced at Mercedes. Obviously the delay is to have it all become official at Monza weekend which is the tradition regarding Italian-based teams.

17 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Kimi Raikkonen will retire at the end of the season. It's widely expected Valtteri Bottas takes his place at Alfa Romeo and George Russell can finally be announced at Mercedes. Obviously the delay is to have it all become official at Monza weekend which is the tradition regarding Italian-based teams.

While rumours are also growing more and more that Nyck de Vries will take the other Alfa Romeo seat and Albon might get back in F1 and take Russell's seat at Williams. Rumours aplenty, left and right :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

And after 36 years, it's finally happening again.....the Grand Prix of the Netherlands is upon us :hyper: 

I've been to Zandvoort so many times from when I was a young teenager to only a few years ago (DTM, DTM, DTM, A1GP, A1GP, F3 Masters, WTCC and tons of other stuff) and never could I have imagined Formula 1 would actually ever race there again! :wub: 

It's truly a shame some of the dunes have been torn down and replaced with temporary grandstands (especially at the first corner), which aren't there outside of the F1 weekend, meaning one simply can't watch other races there anymore unless grandstands are placed back every time, but that's how it is I guess.

Oh man, on TV they're already discussing potential restarts with things like "I don't think the leader will hit the gas earlier than start/finish, to avoid giving anyone a tow towards the Tarzanbocht."

I can't believe we're actually talking for real about a Formula 1 Grand Prix going through the Tarzanbocht, Hunserug, Scheivlak, Arie Luijendijkbocht and all those legendary names I've been going to since I was barely a teenager :wub::hyper: 

Never been this hyped for a race.

I also expect some drama in this race, like two SC at least.

The best race at Zandvoort I remember was 1983 which featured probably the least known collision between title rivals - Prost & Piquet. Suzuka 1990 or Adelaide 1994 got way more coverage over the years.