website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2021

Totallympics

On 8/29/2021 at 11:02 AM, Monzanator said:

Neah, we've seen bigger crashes at Eau Rouge before. FIA is too scared of rain ever since Jules Bianchi's death.

Today's "race" was a total farce. Worst Grand Prix in F1 history. Even 2005 US GP was better than this crap.

Well.... there was no race, so off course it's the worse, but what should they have done? postpone to monday?

29 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Well.... there was no race, so off course it's the worse, but what should they have done? postpone to monday?

They already said they can't postpone it to Mondays. It's their stupid ego that always gets in the way. Anyway, the race should have been called off alltogether. The podium ceremony was totally cringeworthy. Most die-hard fans are upset this bullshit was called an official Grand Prix. I'd be fine if it was cancelled.

Now the big wigs say it was a farce and want to rule changes. Yeah, right. I don't trust FIA in finding any solutions. They will always fall for the money. Tell that to people who bought tickets and stood five hours in the rain. But they won't. FIA only cares about those mythical "new fans" posting tiktok videos and other social media crap. How many fans did they win with this two lap safety car drill? I'd say big fat ZERO.

10 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

They already said they can't postpone it to Mondays. It's their stupid ego that always gets in the way. Anyway, the race should have been called off alltogether. The podium ceremony was totally cringeworthy. Most die-hard fans are upset this bullshit was called an official Grand Prix. I'd be fine if it was cancelled.

Now the big wigs say it was a farce and want to rule changes. Yeah, right. I don't trust FIA in finding any solutions. They will always fall for the money. Tell that to people who bought tickets and stood five hours in the rain. But they won't. FIA only cares about those mythical "new fans" posting tiktok videos and other social media crap. How many fans did they win with this two lap safety car drill? I'd say big fat ZERO.

Well the ceremony was total bullshit, but i think that Verstappen did deserve some points for at least winning the pole. Were the fans at least given the money back? i sure hope so

7 minutes ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Well the ceremony was total bullshit, but i think that Verstappen did deserve some points for at least winning the pole. Were the fans at least given the money back? i sure hope so

This is not America. Refunds are like the last thing on FIA's mind. Plus it will be the race organizers' job to handle IF refunds will even be available. It sure doesn't help the Spa track director was murdered two weeks ago after her husband discovered she had a lesbian affair and killed her :coffee:

There are no points for qualifying in F1 (save for the sprint race nonsense). Nobody deserved anything since those aren't the rules. And you can't possibly react post-factum to make the shitshow look better.

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

This is not America. Refunds are like the last thing on FIA's mind. Plus it will be the race organizers' job to handle IF refunds will even be available. It sure doesn't help the Spa track director was murdered two weeks ago after her husband discovered she had a lesbian affair and killed her :coffee:

There are no points for qualifying in F1 (save for the sprint race nonsense). Nobody deserved anything since those aren't the rules. And you can't possibly react post-factum to make the shitshow look better.

Was there ever a race that didnt happen?

2 hours ago, Maxim Fastovsky said:

Was there ever a race that didnt happen?

You mean races that were called off when teams were on the premises already? Only last year's Australian Grand Prix due to COVID.

1980 Spanish Grand Prix was denied official World Championship status the day AFTER it took place due to the infamous FISA-FOCA power struggle.

1985 Belgian Grand Prix was postponed by three months due to track breaking up in Friday practice. Every other official cancelled F1 race suffered this fate in advance (post-1955 Le Mans disaster, two rounds in 1957 due to Suez Canal crisis fuel shortage or 2011 Bahrain GP due to political unrest).

2 hours ago, Monzanator said:

You mean races that were called off when teams were on the premises already? Only last year's Australian Grand Prix due to COVID.

1980 Spanish Grand Prix was denied official World Championship status the day AFTER it took place due to the infamous FISA-FOCA power struggle.

1985 Belgian Grand Prix was postponed by three months due to track breaking up in Friday practice. Every other official cancelled F1 race suffered this fate in advance (post-1955 Le Mans disaster, two rounds in 1957 due to Suez Canal crisis fuel shortage or 2011 Bahrain GP due to political unrest).

I'm surprised they even did a formation lap.

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

The formation lap is mandatory in F1 since 1978 (when Bernie Ecclestone became FOCA CEO).

Yes but it was quite obvious that the race can't run, so why even put the cars on the track? they didnt see what happened to Norris??

On 8/29/2021 at 7:46 PM, Laraja said:

The decision of not race today, wasn't too wrong. But how they handled it, was totally stupid

Yeah, it was just impossible to make a 'right' decision Sunday. No single decision would have made a large group of people happy: what they did now was unfair to some, cancelling it altogether would have been unfair to others, actually going racing was obviously not at all a realistic possibility (maybe for people who only watch to see heavy crashes, but not so much for fans)...every option was wrong, sadly.

The only real bad thing in terms of 'decisions' was Hamilton's dumbass statement: "I hope the fans will get their money back." Yeah, that's easy for him to say, scoring super cheap points over the backs of those who'd actually have to pay it (organizers) and who already have financial problems for years.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!