website statistics

Formula 1 FIA World Championship 2021

Totallympics

• 4 weeks later...

Nikita Mazepin won't be allowed to race under the :RUS flag during the next two seasons based on the CAS verdict.

I really hope this flag nonsense ends after the 2022, how long they can pretend Russia doesn't exist as a country? They busted people in cc skiing, biathlon and athletics and yet here in F1 we can't have a Russian driver. What's gonna happen with the Russian Grand Prix at Sochi? Will that be taken away or forced to run as "Neutral Athletes" Grand Prix or what?

I'm shocked the :RUS flag hasn't been banned from TO yet :p

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

Nikita Mazepin won't be allowed to race under the :RUS flag during the next two seasons based on the CAS verdict.

I really hope this flag nonsense ends after the 2022, how long they can pretend Russia doesn't exist as a country? They busted people in cc skiing, biathlon and athletics and yet here in F1 we can't have a Russian driver. What's gonna happen with the Russian Grand Prix at Sochi? Will that be taken away or forced to run as "Neutral Athletes" Grand Prix or what?

It would be funny if we got rid of the flag, but only in threads about the Olympics and World Championships :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I’d rather they get rid of Mazepin (to be replaced by Kvyat or Shwartzman) than the Russian flag...

24 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It would be funny if we got rid of the flag, but only in threads about the Olympics and World Championships :p

Thankfully CAS doesn't run TO or else that would probably happen. I hope you see how idiotic this "ban" really is. I wonder what kind of crap CAS pulls in December 2022 when the ban ends. Will we be able to say "Russia" again? I'm not so sure....

8 minutes ago, NearPup said:

I’d rather they get rid of Mazepin (to be replaced by Kvyat or Shwartzman) than the Russian flag...

It's hilarious that :RUS Mazepin competes for the US team in Formula 1  :lol:  Hilary Clinton must be in WTF mode. I hope Joe Biden doesn't revoke Gene Haas' nationality over this :roflmao:

Btw, Shwartzman can use the :RUS flag because Formula 2 doesn't have World Championship status :coffee:

51 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It's hilarious that :RUS Mazepin competes for the US team in Formula 1  :lol:  Hilary Clinton must be in WTF mode. I hope Joe Biden doesn't revoke Gene Haas' nationality over this :roflmao:

Btw, Shwartzman can use the :RUS flag because Formula 2 doesn't have World Championship status :coffee:

It’s not like there aren’t a bunch of vocally pro-Putin Russian NHL players playing for American teams.

Also almost nobody in America knows who Mazepin is or what Haas F1 is :P

10 minutes ago, NearPup said:

It’s not like there aren’t a bunch of vocally pro-Putin Russian NHL players playing for American teams.

Also almost nobody in America knows who Mazepin is or what Haas F1 is :P

NHL is a domestic league so isn't eligible for the CAS ban. Russian NHL players will indeed remain Russian NHL players.

Yeah, America knows more about Kyle Larson using racial slurs but I hear he's back to some driving so his "ban" was way shorter than whatever happens to the word "Russia" in terms of Mazepin :p