website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

9 minutes ago, nenad said:

Wiggins has never played for Canada if I recall correctly. I highly doubt that he will ever play. 

In the meantime, I couldn't catch up with the US players withdrawing. Lillard has withdrawn, now they really don't have a superstar on the team. Kemba Walker will play, Middleton will play, they are all star caliber players, they had to invite more names like Smart, Brown etc. To go along some of these players that haven't withdrawn yet like Tatum, Kuzma, Lopez, Drummond. Derozan is out too, i forgot about him. And he's been coached by Popovich in the NBA, that's a surprise. 

And there's still 2 weeks till the training camp starts. And of course there's a possibility someone gets injured. Very weak team in comparison with others from 2006 till now. 

Wiggins played for Canada at the 2015 FIBA Americas, which was also an Olympic qualifier

15 hours ago, ofan said:

Wow, what a bold prediction. How did you come to that conclusion?

Lifetime USA fan.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

all these decisions are disaster for FIBA who hoped that basketball world cup could become of analogue prestige as of soccer's one. Could u imagine last year lets say for Brazil who are the biggest power traditionally, neymar, firmino, coutinho to say "i will take a break this summer"? or generally for any footballer who has a dream to play in world cup

I fear something like this could happen to football in the future if UEFA continues to increase it's economic power. Champions league will be more important than world cup like NBA is more important than FIBA. 

20 minutes ago, LDOG said:

I fear something like this could happen to football in the future if UEFA continues to increase it's economic power. Champions league will be more important than world cup like NBA is more important than FIBA. 

Not going to happen. The FIFA World Cup is simply the biggest, most watched sport event and has a 90 years long history. And it's helped by the fact that the World Cup will always be incredibly competitive with many strong teams who can win it. Being a World Champion in football means a lot. Being a World Champion in basketball is basically meaningless if you are American, because they will always win the WCh (and the SOG) by default every time they send their top players. Plus Americans tend to not a give a shit about any non-Olympic sport event that happens outside of their country with the exception of the FIFA World Cup, and the World Championships of every major American team sport will always be "second rate" because of this, including ice hockey.