website statistics

Men's Basketball FIBA World Cup 2019

mrv86

Draw for 2019 World Cup qualification

looks like they separated Asia into West and East zones and the west zone is much easier. this is a bit disapponiting, with 7+1 slots available for Asia/Pacific, we would qualify anyway but I would like to see teams like Australia, New Zealand, China or Korea playing in Tehran . right now we got Qatar, Kazakhstan and Iraq in 1st round :d not interesting at all.

1 hour ago, MHSN said:

looks like they separated Asia into West and East zones and the west zone is much easier. this is a bit disapponiting, with 7+1 slots available for Asia/Pacific, we would qualify anyway but I would like to see teams like Australia, New Zealand, China or Korea playing in Tehran . right now we got Qatar, Kazakhstan and Iraq in 1st round :d not interesting at all.

I didn't realize it at first, but the Americas draw has also some geographic criteria; the exception is Panama playing with Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay :mumble:

21 hours ago, mrv86 said:

I didn't realize it at first, but the Americas draw has also some geographic criteria; the exception is Panama playing with Argentina, Paraguay and Uruguay :mumble:

Apparently  I was wrong about the 2nd round, they will merge Group A and C together for both Asia and Americas. if that's true we will get Australia, Philippines, Japan or Chinese Taipei in 2nd round, much much different than that all west Asian groups.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Great news for basketball, finally :d

The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has moved all 2019 Basketball World Cup European qualification matches in November 2017 and February 2018 back by one day in a bid to help resolve the bitter dispute with Euroleague over the international calendar. 

Germany, Greece, Italy, Russia, Spain and Turkey have all confirmed they will invite Euroleague players to represent their countries for all 2019 Basketball World Cup qualifiers.

With tons of third league teams that will be the most boring world champ in basketball history. 7 teams from Asia/Pacific zone? Come on, only Australia, New Zealand and China are, lets say good for WC, who want to watch Qatar, Philipines, Japan or Iran there (no offense to anyone), or 6 African teams.... 32 teams are just toooooooo much  

On 10/4/2017 at 20:22, Gianlu33 said:

Great news for basketball, finally :d

The International Basketball Federation (FIBA) has moved all 2019 Basketball World Cup European qualification matches in November 2017 and February 2018 back by one day in a bid to help resolve the bitter dispute with Euroleague over the international calendar. 

Germany, Greece, Italy, Russia, Spain and Turkey have all confirmed they will invite Euroleague players to represent their countries for all 2019 Basketball World Cup qualifiers.

not great at all.

https://www.talkbasket.net/26374-euroleague-basketball-reject-fibas-latest-offer-national-team-deadlock.html

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, dareza said:

Here we go.....

Datome will not play for Italy in qualification because he wants to play EL and Fener told players that they can not play for a national team. 

Next please?

In really no, he say that he want a break from the National team.. what shame