website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

14 minutes ago, dcro said:

I mean after that TV production fiasco, to say the least, shooting is lucky to stay in the program.

That’s more of an OBS issue than an ISSF issue. If the IOC approached the ISSF with those concerns the ISSF could just show them broadcasts from the 2018 Asian Games, since those were done well and created very compelling television.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Federer91 said:

Breaking news: Karate stays :p There is a petition going on with the support of the French Ministry.

Well, then... maybe they can add Futsal too since there was some campaign for its inclusion at the brazilian league this week :d

33 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That’s more of an OBS issue than an ISSF issue. If the IOC approached the ISSF with those concerns the ISSF could just show them broadcasts from the 2018 Asian Games, since those were done well and created very compelling television.

True, but the sport was portrayed in an absolutely horrible light.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, Quasit said:

A 300m rifle event or running target would bring more variety to the programme but I guess that won't happen.

the problem is that you have to keep the 5-5-5 distribution of events...5 pistol, 5 rifle, 5 shotgun events...

adding one of the events you named, would necessarily mean cutting a current rifle event, not a shotgun one..:evil:.

17 minutes ago, phelps said:

the problem is that you have to keep the 5-5-5 distribution of events...5 pistol, 5 rifle, 5 shotgun events...

adding one of the events you named, would necessarily mean cutting a current rifle event, not a shotgun one..:evil:.

Isn't running target considered its own discipline, not necessarily counted as rifle?

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

21 minutes ago, phelps said:

Or having - real - mixte events open to both sexes (like it used to be).

18 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Believe it or not, I had never heard about this podcast before you mentioned it here.

I listened to one of the episodes and their complete disdain for Max Whitlock made me roar with laughter. They claimed he deserved to be deducted in every single skill he performed in the final and I just couldn't help but laugh hard. Great people!

It’s actually the podcast where McKayla Maroney announced her retirement, which is how I first heard about it. They don’t take themselves super seriously during competitions (which makes for fun listening) but they have been covering the various abuse scandals in gymnastics (especially everything related to USAG) relentlessly. And they have very strong opinions about E scores :P