website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

24 minutes ago, phelps said:

actually, mixed team skeet is going to replace mixed team trap in Paris 2024...

they're going to hold only one of the two disciplines, alternating each time (so, in 2028 mixed team trap will be back instead of mixed team skeet)...

I hate that system. Considering nearly all of the participants are in the individual what real effect does holding both have. 

1 hour ago, phelps said:

they're going to hold only one of the two disciplines, alternating each time (so, in 2028 mixed team trap will be back instead of mixed team skeet)...

That is just sad :( 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

4 hours ago, phelps said:

I don’t have a problem with that, given that shooters have pretty much the longest careers of any Olympic discipline. 

Karate is so boring. It's, by far, the most borig combat sport of all in the programme. And Katas are... well, something else. It's a slower and worst explained version of Taekwondo.

If they want a combat sport that has both fighting and "performing" I wish they choose Wushu, a more entretaining one.

But honestly I dont think the games need another martial art. Maybe in 2028 when inevitably Boxing gets axed.......

11 minutes ago, intoronto said:

The ISSF asked for a 16th event (mixed skeet)...but the IOC did not approve adding events (even though it fits with their policy). So somehow the IOC decided that skeet for 2024

A 300m rifle event or running target would bring more variety to the programme but I guess that won't happen.

Stopped watching sports, there are better things in life.

5 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

I hate that system. Considering nearly all of the participants are in the individual what real effect does holding both have. 

The rotation system sucked when it was happening with fencing (thank God fencing has all three team events now) and it sucks with shooting, too.