website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

3 hours ago, Jur said:

Idk in other countrys, but events like Volvo Ocean Race and things like that are far more popular in Spain that any other sailing event.

The Offshore event would have drawn some attention, at least here.

The only sailing event that gets much coverage in Canada is the America’s Cup. Volvo Ocean race does get some coverage, too, but not as much.

1 minute ago, dcro said:

Fun fact, is mixed team trap the first event ever to be removed before it was even held for the first time? :p

I guess this also shows how much belief IOC actually has in these mixed events.

Turns out they are not expecting milltions to tune in for this urban and youthful format. :roflmao:

#banbestmen

For me the worst change here by far is only 90 riders in men's cycling road race. What a shame! This is only half of an average peleton. If no other reasons are convincing for IOC, there is one more - Champs Elysee is too wide for a such a small bunch of people. It will look awful! 

1 hour ago, NearPup said:

The only sailing event that gets much coverage in Canada is the America’s Cup. Volvo Ocean race does get some coverage, too, but not as much.

Yeah, pretty similar situation in the US. NBC actually showed some Sailing on some of their channels during Rio 2016 though.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

23 minutes ago, rafalgorka said:

For me the worst change here by far is only 90 riders in men's cycling road race. What a shame! This is only half of an average peleton. If no other reasons are convincing for IOC, there is one more - Champs Elysee is too wide for a such a small bunch of people. It will look awful! 

Yes, that’s less than ideal for most people. 

I wouldn’t just write the event off though. The men’s road race at the 2018 Asian Games only had 58 entries (with a max of 4 riders per team), and that is still one of the most entertaining races I’ve watched. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

4 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yes, that’s less than ideal for most people. 

I wouldn’t just write the event off though. The men’s road race at the 2018 Asian Games only had 58 entries (with a max of 4 riders per team), and that is still one of the most entertaining races I’ve watched. 

If the most entertaining race that you saw, i think that you don't follow road cycling. I watch almost dozens and dozens of better races :p