website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

Just now, hckosice said:

was not the beach games originally created especially for those things and sports ?

Yes. Yes, they were.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what the fuck is coastal rowing ?

Rowing in open waters. They propose to use the same venue as sailing for that. In Coastal Rowing there are no lanes and the races are longer (at least 6k). They have to rotate in buoys also.

26 minutes ago, Jur said:

To be honest, some changes aren't even bad. It's just others are REALLY BAD, so it overshadows other decent changes.

Another Race Walk event for women is needed. High Diving is fine, I wouldt mind it taking Artistic Swimmings spot tbh.

Ligthweigth rowing adds nothing to the games. Coastal rowing is a developed and entreteining sport completely different to anything already on. I support that change. Same thing with Sailing. I get people not liking "mixed events", but it kind of makes sense in Sailing, and it opens the door for other exciting boats.

Same thing for Mixed Skeet or mixed time trial, I can live with it being in the games.

Aything else, garbage.

I would be ok with 2-3 maybe 4 new events but those which have many participating nations already, not thinked up in few seconds and without consultation with athletes and coaches (like it is with extreme canoeing) and if those changes doesn't affect already exisiting events. For example women's C-1 in slalom could be added to programme without removing men's C-2. If IOC can't increase number of available quotas then they shouldn't do any changes.

looks funny. ok I am for that coastal rowing thing :yes  also for the 50k W RW without removing the male event obviously. Reintroducing C2 in canoe salom and kick out that kayak-cross BS back to the oblivion. + canoe sprint should return to the previous program with K4-1000m and finally I can live also with the mixed skeet and table tennis M and W doubles

I´d personally love to see Floorball and Squash added to the games

54 minutes ago, rybak said:

It's perfect example of adding all those nonsense events after rushy and unthinking decisions. 

This is a rushed decision that makes sense. The IOC wanted to increase gender equality, and at this point in the sport's development.... Women's monobob makes more sense than a women's 4 sled. The latter would not even attract 10 sleds that are competitive.

11 minutes ago, hckosice said:

looks funny. ok I am for that coastal rowing thing :yes  also for the 50k W RW without removing the male event obviously. Reintroducing C2 in canoe salom and kick out that kayak-cross BS back to the oblivion. + canoe sprint should return to the previous program with K4-1000m and finally I can live also with the mixed skeet and table tennis M and W doubles

I´d personally love to see Floorball and Squash added to the games

There’s really no good argument for why Squash isn’t already on the Olympic program.

Karate really should be a core sport as well.

Floorball has a lot more development needed, but it could be a great candidate one day. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela