website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

To be honest, some changes aren't even bad. It's just others are REALLY BAD, so it overshadows other decent changes.

Another Race Walk event for women is needed. High Diving is fine, I wouldt mind it taking Artistic Swimmings spot tbh.

Ligthweigth rowing adds nothing to the games. Coastal rowing is a developed and entreteining sport completely different to anything already on. I support that change. Same thing with Sailing. I get people not liking "mixed events", but it kind of makes sense in Sailing, and it opens the door for other exciting boats.

Same thing for Mixed Skeet or mixed time trial, I can live with it being in the games.

Aything else, garbage.

1 minute ago, Jur said:

What could have Fencing asked for? Mixed weapon mixed team (lmao) event?

That’s my best guess.

1 minute ago, Jur said:

Any other sport missing?

Golf - My best guess is a Mixed Team event of some nature

Boxing - IOC doesn’t recognize the AIBA, who knows what’s going on there

Rowing - Nothing comes to mind, but if they haven’t made a point of saying that haven’t asked for the inclusion of something, then my conclusion is that they proposed something

Weightlifting - With the chaos at the IWF, who knows

Wrestling - Has definitely made a proposal, probably Beach Wrestling.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

8 minutes ago, Jur said:

What could have Fencing asked for? Mixed weapon mixed team (lmao) event?

Any other sport missing?

Please, god, no. As a former fencer I have an urge to stab anyone who proposes a mixed weapon event.

Fencing is blessed with a great team format, lets not mess with it. Especially now that we finally, at long last, got the full complement of team events in the Olympics.

5 minutes ago, Jur said:

A golf team event with a Match Play format would be amazing. It doesn't add quotas and offers something completely different. I hope they asked that cause I can see it happening

Golfers have long complained about the Olympic format being too much like every other random PGA event. Adding a team element and/or matchplay would be really popular among the athletes and would make the Olympics more attractive to golf fans.

Match play is also way more interesting for people who aren't inherently golf fans. If I had it my way you'd have a men's, women's and mixed matchplay event with two person teams.

13 minutes ago, Jur said:

To be honest, some changes aren't even bad. It's just others are REALLY BAD, so it overshadows other decent changes.

Another Race Walk event for women is needed. High Diving is fine, I wouldt mind it taking Artistic Swimmings spot tbh.

Ligthweigth rowing adds nothing to the games. Coastal rowing is a developed and entreteining sport completely different to anything already on. I support that change. Same thing with Sailing. I get people not liking "mixed events", but it kind of makes sense in Sailing, and it opens the door for other exciting boats.

Same thing for Mixed Skeet or mixed time trial, I can live with it being in the games.

Aything else, garbage.

I thought World Athletics were replacing the 20k and 50k walk with one 30k distance anyway?

2 minutes ago, Dragon said:

I thought World Athletics were replacing the 20k and 50k walk with one 30k distance anyway?

A 10k event (that could be held in the stadium or in road) and a 30k road one. But it only would happend if the tecnology for a better judging could be tested and it was confirmed efective. If not, they would do 20k and 35k.

So, basically, we don't know nothing.

7 minutes ago, hckosice said:

what the fuck is coastal rowing ?

This is the sprint version from the 2019 Mediterranean Beach Games.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela