Gymnastics (?): parkour, acrobatic gymnastic, aerobics gymnastics

Hanball (2): Beach handball [X]

Modern Pentathlon (1): Mixed relay

Rowing (2): Costal rowing

Shooting (1): Mixed skeet

Tennis Table (2): Men's and Women's doubles

Taekwondo (1): Mixed event

Wrestling (?): Beach wrestling

Sailing (3) = mixed kite, mixed two person dinghy, mixed two person keelboat offshore

[X] = Rejected

[?] = Not confirm

@Gianlu33 I don’t know if we should trust the reporting on Beach Handball just yet. I’m sure it’s true, but I haven’t seen any of the main outlets, who are much more in the loop on this stuff, confirm that yet. Plus, the IOC EB themselves hasn’t made any final decisions.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

So clearly, this is one giant mess. The IOC claimed that 20 IFs had proposed new events, and the math on the latest confirmations doesn’t work out. That leads me to believe that some IFs have rescinded their requests. This could have something to do with what the ICF has been faced with. I think many IFs have already been told that they are going to lose quotas no matter what they do. Also, the IOC initially seemed very open to new events, and now seems to be punishing IFs for trying to include them. Also, some of the proposals themselves have changed considerably since they were announced earlier this year, which gives further credence to what I said above.

It doesn’t help that this whole process happens behind close doors, without the consultation of athletes, fans, shareholders, and even many IOC members. It’s also important to note that proposals, reasoning for inclusion/rejection, etc. aren’t required to be public information. This process had led to so much confusion in the last few months. 

The IOC is conducting themselves extremely poorly as of late.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

So clearly, this is one giant mess. The IOC claimed that 20 IFs had proposed new events, and the math on the latest confirmations doesn’t work out. That leads me to believe that some IFs have rescinded their requests. This could have something to do with what the ICF has been faced with. I think many IFs have already been told that they are going to lose quotas no matter what they do. Also, the IOC initially seemed very open to new events, and now seems to be punishing IFs for trying to include them. Also, some of the proposals themselves have changed considerably since they were announced earlier this year, which gives further credence to what I said above.

It doesn’t help that this whole process happens behind close doors, without the consultation of athletes, fans, shareholders, and even many IOC members. It’s also important to note that proposals, reasoning for inclusion/rejection, etc. aren’t required to be public information. This process had led to so much confusion in the last few months. 

The IOC is conducting themselves extremely poorly as of late.

According to ITG's blog post we don't know what boxing, climbing, fencing, golf, skateboarding, surfing or weightlifting are up to. The math still doesn't work out but it gets a lot closer. Actually we know for a fact that climbing did request and will obtain two additional events.

But yes, the lack of transparency is a huge problem. You have ridiculous situations where athletes and national federations don't even know what events are being proposed in their own sports (see: monobob for Beijing 2022).

Wait, I just realized I'm confused: wasn't the 50k race walk going to get killed after Tokyo? :yikes: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!