website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

11 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

If we’re taking out races for the addition of cross country, it should absolutely be the 3000m Steeplechase, the event literally invented to replace cross country at the Olympics.

Don't you dare touch the best race on the track :<

43 minutes ago, MHSN said:

what's the procedure for 2028 LA Olympics sports programme ? as far as I know all "core sports" were in the Olympics program until the 2024 Paris. when and how they are going to decide about it ? do we already know that ?

-Each sport at a minimum must include one mixed event and probably some other ridiculous rules...

3 minutes ago, intoronto said:

-Each sport at a minimum must include one mixed event

See, this is exactly the kind of post I meant that sounds ridiculous but could be true nowadays :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Or the mixed team sports... Where the men and women's are dropped in favour for one mixed competition

I can see this happening. It would open up a lot of places, while at the same time easily allow 16 nations to take part in all team sports.

#banbestmen

e70f137f-e7a2-4753-944e-b802623bf268.jpeg

I love gymnastics, but this is not the right time to ask for more disciplines to be included in the Olympics. As far as I know, disciplines must have regular continental championships in three continents to justify inclusion. Aerobics and acrobatics follow this rule, but not parkour. I mean, a World Championship event in parkour has not even been competed yet, for God's sake!

Also, although there are three continental championships in acrobatics (European, Asian and Pan American), the events are usually so bad that some categories in the Asian championships are competed with less than three competitors. The latest Pan American championships only had competitors from the United States. It should not even qualify as a competition.

Bottom line is: FIG is completely out of their collective minds to ask for acrobatics to join the Olympics!

Aerobics has even less appeal than breakdancing. It looks kind of antiquated now, and it will suffer when people compare breakdancing and aerobics because of how pretentiously elegant (and a bit tacky) gymnasts look compared to more "urban" breakdancers. 

And let's be honest: parkour is not even a sport (yet), and no one takes it seriously.