website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

8 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I'Equipe reports all proposals will be rejected likely unless they replace an event... ie like canoeing. They also report IAAF's cross country proposal is 4x1500m

Also reported is UWW has requested beach wrestling.

UWW will only get that if they ditch greco-roman so it ain't happening...

13 minutes ago, intoronto said:

I'Equipe reports all proposals will be rejected likely unless they replace an event... ie like canoeing. They also report IAAF's cross country proposal is 4x1500m

How many events?

21 minutes ago, intoronto said:

World Athletics statement

The event, which has been proposed for the 2024 Paris Olympic Games, would be a mixed team relay for 15 countries.

Each team would be composed of two men and two women. Each member of the team would run two legs of the 2.5km course, alternating between male and female athletes as each athlete completes the 2.5km course and hands over to a teammate.

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Eurosport (go to platform for European sports fans) probably shows more live coverage of sepak takraw than freestyle skiing. It's just not popular at all. You can only really follow it on non-commented ES player feeds, late night shortened replays, or in-person. But then again, European WC events in these sports have next to none live audience.

As someone who has a (UK) Eurosport sub, I can confidently say that is not even close to being true xD

In one hand I would love Cross Country in the summer olympics (I'm more of a road racing fan, rather than track). If they are gpoing to add it to the summer events they have to do it right. They should take 10000m out (cause nobody cares about it), an put a full race. That rellay doesn't make any sense.

HOWEVER, id rather had cross country relay than 4x400 mixed. So if they change those events, I would be happy.

If we’re taking out races for the addition of cross country, it should absolutely be the 3000m Steeplechase, the event literally invented to replace cross country at the Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela