website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

1 minute ago, intoronto said:

Losing 12 isn't so bad... but wtf @ no new events with no new athletes?

Bach needs to go

Right, that’s what pisses me off about this. They followed all of the IOC’s wishes (included more women’s events, tried to make better use of existing venues, came up with medal events that didn’t require additional athletes, etc.), and still got fucked over by them. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I will say the comments on the Facebook posts of those articles are highly amusing. A lot of good arguments being made for deaf ears.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Gianlu33 said:

Olympic Games will become a circus :cheer:

they already are a joke...

after break dance I thought we got to the extreme low point, but I see they're still digging deep...

I hope one day they find what they're looking for...surely, it's not what I like...

51 minutes ago, MHSN said:

I wonder how much money the host will save by having less 12 athletes in the games village! 10 billion dollars I assume :mumble: or maybe 20 billions

12 out of 500...

500*transport*food*beds etc. Would imagine there would be savings, but cutting athletes, which make a part of the games makes 0 sense too me. What should be cut are things like "baskets of seasonal fruit' for each IOC member... etc.

9 minutes ago, intoronto said:

12 out of 500...

500*transport*food*beds etc. Would imagine there would be savings, but cutting athletes, which make a part of the games makes 0 sense too me. What should be cut are things like "baskets of seasonal fruit' for each IOC member... etc.

Oh, you mean “the seasonal pastry to be presented to each IOC member upon entry into the country.” How the hell would we have Olympics without those measures!?! 

If the fridges weren’t “all filled with Coca Cola products,” the Olympic Games would immeasurably damaged forever!

What insane, outlandish reform will you propose next! Letting people use cards other than Visa to pay for Olympic goods? 

“No. Sports, athletes, and spectators must be cut from the Olympic Games if they are too survive.” said the IOC member while trying his second golden watch (got to have one for each hand).

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

And now we know what the ITU proposed: 

but are they serious or what? :facepalm: :wall: :hairpull:

more and more disgusted by the ioc and by the world federations...

they're just making a joke of themselves and of the olympics...

I feel more and more that I'm wasting my life following this sh*t...:nopompom:

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And now we know what the ITU proposed: 

The IOC, which is due to confirm the Paris 2024 event programme at its Executive Board meeting next month, has outlined its opposition to new events if they increase the number of athletes but has suggested it is open to their inclusion if it is contested by the same set of competitors.”

Right, and when the ICF proposed a pair of events that would do just that, the IOC told them that they’re losing 12 quotas and won’t be allowed to have any more medal events then they currently have. :mumble::wall: