website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

48 minutes ago, Jur said:

This seems kind of unnecesary to me. At the time there are not 12 good teams in the world

One could argue that adding quotas would encourage nations to improve their programs, thus heightening the standard of play in women’s water polo, and increasing the number of nations involved.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

There’s currently 10 women’s teams by the way.

We could use those quotas actually give Karate it’s full program of 2 Kata events and 10 Kumite events. Each event should only have 8 entries though, as is tradition for Karate at multi-sports games.

:facepalm: I forgot about that. It's all corona fault and lack of events by this shit.

29 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Given that the IOC has pledged full gender equality by Paris 2024 I wouldn’t be surprised if Artistic Swimming was in some real jeopardy.

The "new in" is having more women competing. To the IOC gender equality only matters if its for women.

12 hours ago, intoronto said:

The "new in" is having more women competing. To the IOC gender equality only matters if its for women.

Imo they are just destroying the games more and more, not to offend anyone but the thought of E-sport getting a place in the games is completely revolting

• 4 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

IAAF propose to add the cross country in the Olympic event with a mixed relay

Alright, that is a proposal I did not see coming :yikes:

Just to clarify, is it men’s and women’s individual events + a mixed relay, or just a mixed relay?

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Cross-country running is just the same athletes but with different shoes, come on. And obviously only the mixed relay :rofl: World Athletics hasn't made a fool of itself enough yet?

If you so desperately want to add another running event, make it trail running or something (through forests and with steep climbs and rocks and so on), at least that is definitely much different.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 godziny temu, heywoodu napisał:

If you so desperately want to add another running event, make it trail running or something (through forests and with steep climbs and rocks and so on), at least that is definitely much different.

Yeah, but that's not IAAF department if I'm not worng ;) IOC is very supported about mixed events this days and IAAF obviously wants to use that. The same as with 4x400 before but this time is not event created specially for the olympics.