website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

Canoeing (requesting extreme canoe slalom. I would think this means 4 new events)

Only 2, the M and W K1.

There only K1 events in the so-called "Extreme Canoe Slalom" actually. the C categories are just impossible to be contested in the current format with more starting boats at the same time.

I sure hope they never introduced a mixed gender / mixed sword team event in fencing. It suffers from the same issue the ridiculous format issues the mixed judo team event suffers from - there is no way to make it fair.

Edit: back when I did fencing we did a mixed gendered / mixed sword team event once a year. For our Halloween tournament. Costumes were mandatory. Just to give you an idea of how seriously we took that format.

I would actually really like to see Golf propose foursome matchplay events, whether same gendered or mixed (or both). I think it would draw a lot more attention than the strokeplay tournament does.

hace 3 minutos, NearPup dijo:

But those are the best events :(

Oh yeah, you watched korean archers winning the individual events?, now you can watch them win even more easily in the team event (btw by "team" we just mean an addition of their individual performances). Super fun.

3 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Oh yeah, you watched korean archers winning the individual events?, now you can watch them win even more easily in the team event (btw by "team" we just mean an addition of their individual performances). Super fun.

...I actually do prefer watching the team archery event to the individual archery event xD

26 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Sadly with the idiotic quota cuts this is the way of new events. Make every individual event a team event. 

Can't wait until we get team events in track and field. 100m team event!! how exciting /sarcasm

37 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Sadly with the idiotic quota cuts this is the way of new events. Make every individual event a team event. 

Can't wait until we get team events in track and field. 100m team event!! how exciting /sarcasm

...there is already a 100m team event. It’s one of the better events on the Athletics program.

They want 7 (!) events in table tennis??

Team events need to go. Replace them with M/W doubles if you will. Team events made some sense back when there was a round robin format in 2008, but since 2012 they have basically been ridiculous. As much as 16 players go to the Olympics to lose one doubles bout within the Round of 16 team match. Those representing Australia and the US have zero hope of anything more. Total waste of quotas.

#banbestmen