website statistics

Summer Olympic Games Paris 2024 Sports Programme

18 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Hopefully that's not at all realistic, because....why? Are men's floor and vault that bad? :p 

Completely unrealistic, but you never know when FIG is going to do something stupid. It's basically the Homer Simpson of international federations: if you watch long enough, you will see it doing something really stupid.

I just mentioned floor and vault because there's no way FIG would remove pommel horse and parallel bars, so floor and vault are the apparatus that are "repeated" in women's artistic gymnastics, so I guess it would be somehow easier to justify their exclusion because they would still be part of the Olympic program, but restricted to women, instead?

Anyway, just a bunch of crazy theories that won't happen... Hopefully.

33 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Completely unrealistic, but you never know when FIG is going to do something stupid. It's basically the Homer Simpson of international federations: if you watch long enough, you will see it doing something really stupid.

I just mentioned floor and vault because there's no way FIG would remove pommel horse and parallel bars, so floor and vault are the apparatus that are "repeated" in women's artistic gymnastics, so I guess it would be somehow easier to justify their exclusion because they would still be part of the Olympic program, but restricted to women, instead?

Yea, I can't see the IOC being very hard on the FIG, after all its one of the big 3 sports. 

On 8/14/2021 at 2:31 AM, thiago_simoes said:

Max Whitlock was asked on Instagram yesterday if he thinks a mixed team event will come one day to Gymnastics and he said it would be an interesting idea.