website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2021

Totallympics

3 hours ago, Monzanator said:

Being an idiot doesn't make you entertaining :coffee:

Not necessarily, but Kyrgios definitely is entertaining. I can’t judge whether he is an idiot or not, since I haven’t performed an IQ test on him.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

28 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

Maybe he should stop trying so hard to be hated. His attitude is disgusting and disgraceful. I used to support him because his father is Greek born in Greece but no thank you. This guy is an embarrassment to all Greeks worldwide with his childish behaviors.

You are probably the only person who sees it that way.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

41 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, Hewitt pushed the envelope but he actually won some GS then came Tomic and things went sideways fast. Kyrgios seems to thrive on his enfant terrible image ever since the Donna Vekic comments BUT unlike Monfils who kinda went up with the clown show himself, nobody seems to find Kyrgios' antics funny at all.

Was Monfils ever disrespectful to opponents, fans, umpires? I don't think so.

Kyrgios is a clown. Period. I tried to like him but after the Vekic incident that was the final straw. He's only gotten worse since then. He is a professional attention seeker. He always makes ridiculous comments/does ridiculous things in order for people to be talking about him because his results are nothing special.

17 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

You are probably the only person who sees it that way.

Because his mother isn't Greek, he plays for Australia, and most people in Greece probably don't even know who he is. Nor should they unless they are tennis fans. He is not a top player, just an attention seeking troll.

He could've been very good but he chose this path in his career. I have no sympathy for him.

And besides, we have Tsitsipas who actually gets good results, is ranked higher and is younger and actually tries hard. So I'm happier about that.

Muguruza choked with 2 match points and a serve on her hand, some things never change :d Anyway I wanted Osaka to win I really love players of this mentality like Osaka, she'll face During Wei Hsieh in one of the rarest all Asian quarters if it happened before in a GS 

3 hours ago, thepharoah said:

I really hope to watch Serena vs Sabalenka but I think I'll sleep 

In the end Serena proved her confidence and experience, impressed with her movility and fitness overall considering the times and not playing a lot lately because of the pandemic. Still her first serve was very shaky but once she recovered it, was enough to hold her serve. Savalenka could be a great player for the future but she is lacking confidene, experience under pressure and calming down her temper.