website statistics

Tennis ITF Australian Open 2021

Totallympics

8 hours ago, thepharoah said:

Australian fans are shouting during play of Kyrgios vs Humbert game 

They are Aussies! So they are "proud" and "passionate" and "enthusiastic" so it's okay for them.

But if they were Greek or Serbian for example, they would be labeled as "rowdy" and "drunk" and "nationalistic" :facepalm:

Very happy to see our Stefanos Tsitsipas :GRE with an easy first round win over Simon. I think he can do very well here.

Unfortunately Maria Sakkari lost to Mladenovic. I think having to quarantine for two weeks ruined her chances, but also Mladenovic is a good player.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

Amazing win for Sharon Fichman :CAN & Giuliana Olmos :MEX coming back from 1-6 in the first set, to win over Hao Ching Chan & Latisha Chan :TPE, No. 5 seeds :clap:

Nice that a mexican (doubles) player wins a match, Santiago Gonzalez meanwhile lost in the first round with his brazilian partner :(

and news from today (thursday)

Sofia Kenin, defending champion OUT in the SECOND round of the event, lost to an incredible Kaia Kanepi (EST)

13 hours ago, Makedonas said:

They are Aussies! So they are "proud" and "passionate" and "enthusiastic" so it's okay for them.

But if they were Greek or Serbian for example, they would be labeled as "rowdy" and "drunk" and "nationalistic" :facepalm:

I have long noticed that Australia is strongly disliked by many of the people here .

I wish someone would spell out the reasons why