website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2021 Thread

Wumo

Klosterhalfen is literally irrelevant on the grand scheme of things. Germany has completely tailed off in athletics, 400m and middle distance running is gone and most field events have sunked too. Only javelin remains at relatively good level. Discus, shot and hammer are nowhere. If we assume the DDR doping system was behind the sprinting success, Germany still competed at solid international level for the next 20 years. And now they have Mihambo, men's javelin and nothing else.

6 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

And other than cycling most of the increase is in a select few sports when funding and full time training is proven to make a lot of the difference and doping is not likely to be effective. 

Yes, espcially swimming ... also we ignore the miracle rise of british cycling because ... ? I feel sorry for you if you actually think that GB achieved this ridiculous improvement without systematic doping.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Klosterhalfen is literally irrelevant on the grand scheme of things. Germany has completely tailed off in athletics, 400m and middle distance running is gone and most field events have sunked too. Only javelin remains at relatively good level. Discus, shot and hammer are nowhere. If we assume the DDR doping system was behind the sprinting success, Germany still competed at solid international level for the next 20 years. And now they have Mihambo, men's javelin and nothing else.

Funding must be at least partly to blame. France has suffered a similar fate. 

2 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Yes, espcially swimming ... also we ignore the miracle rise of british cycling because ... ? I feel sorry for you if you actually think that GB achieved this ridiculous improvement without systematic doping.

Thankfully not many cycling fans seem to support Team Sky/Ineos evil empire. Their "jiffy bags" are suspicious as hell indeed.

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

GB rise in swimming is not notably massive in the grand scale of things.

1 minute ago, Orangehair43 said:

Funding must be at least partly to blame. France has suffered a similar fate. 

I don't see where that funding goes though? They're still good in equestrian and that's it, lol. They have fallen off in swimming too, I mean Steffen and Biedermann were kinda one-offs 12-13 years ago already and it's gotten worse in 2021. It's not like Germany isn't the biggest economy in EU. So where does the money go? I don't see them suddenly rising to power in other sports?

8 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

It is shocking how you can get almost everything wrong in such a short comment ...

1) Klosterhalfen turned 24 this year and won a world championship bronze less than two years ago. She also just finished 8th at the olympics, which made her the best european runner in this event. What was the best finish of a polish woman in a track event?

2) So you are saying Germany isn't relevant in women's javelin (number 2 in the world this year), women's discus throw (olympic silver medalist) and men's decathlon (defending world champion who turns 23 this year and 99 % would have won at least bronze at the olympics without the injury). I believe that Germany had more top 8 finishes at the olympics than the Netherlands/Italy and as many as Poland (thanks to their gold in the joke mixed relay). Those countries had generational fluke performances, but their actual level in athletics is much lower than the medals make it seem.

3) You are correct that Germany got much worse in doping sports over the last decades. Not too long ago Germany was still great in speed skating, rowing, biathlon, (men's) cross-country and women's canoeing sprint. 

I wish you were trolling, but sadly i don't think you are.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 minute ago, Monzanator said:

Thankfully not many cycling fans seem to support Team Sky/Ineos evil empire. Their "jiffy bags" are suspicious as hell indeed.

True but Surely every team in cycling is suspect. 

Ineos are not popular in the UK anymore at all - the main elite sporting press hate them (and the tabloid readers don’t like cyclists full stop)

Just now, OlympicsFan said:

It is shocking how you can get almost everything wrong in such a short comment ...

1) Klosterhalfen turned 24 this year and won a world championship bronze less than two years ago. She also just finished 8th at the olympics, which made her the best european runner in this event. What was the best finish of a polish woman in a track event?

2) So you are saying Germany isn't relevant in women's javelin (number 2 in the world this year), women's discus throw (olympic silver medalist) and men's decathlon (defending world champion who turns 23 this year and 99 % would have won at least bronze at the olympics without the injury). I believe that Germany had more top 8 finishes at the olympics than the Netherlands/Italy and as many as Poland (thanks to their gold in the joke mixed relay). Those countries had generational fluke performances, but their actual level in athletics is much lower than the medals make it seem.

3) You are correct that Germany got much worse in doping sports over the last decades. Not too long ago Germany was still great in speed skating, rowing, biathlon, (men's) cross-country and women's canoeing sprint. 

Ad 2: The Olympic silver in women's discus was a surprise. Plus you used to have 3 discus/javelin throwers vying for Top 8 places. So now that you have ONE athlete capable of such results is a sign you're going down. No way one Hussong means more quality than Obergfoell/Nerius/Stahl trio :p

3 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

I wish you were trolling, but sadly i don't think you are.

Do you’d think she is clean then. She worked with Salazar and everyone else who has worked with him like Farrah and Hasan are seen as deeply suspect,