website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2021 Thread

Wumo

17 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/58216873

Ujah finally speaks and effectively tells us we looking at a contamination or poisoning defence which will fail. Can’t see many in Britain backing him at all considering the Times has done a no smoke without fire article today on some of his teammates and anyone backing him will get that treatment. 

Are you sure about that (unfortunately) ? 

10 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Are you sure about that (unfortunately) ? 

Well it might get his ban reduced from 4 to 2 if he provides the supplements and he can prove they were contaminated with both substances but it won’t save his teammates medal or his chance of representing GB again without further legal action. 

6 minutes ago, Orangehair43 said:

Well it might get his ban reduced from 4 to 2 if he provides the supplements and he can prove they were contaminated with both substances but it won’t save his teammates medal or his chance of representing GB again without further legal action. 

Hope you're right. I'm so tired of these made-up excuses every fucking time...

If he was able to persuade a lot of the public through that he was a victim of contamination or even poisoning it could make him and the others seen as martyrs who lost due to poor labelling in a Japanese factory or an anti British plot. 

Back during the last Winter Olympics one of the BBC presenters described Alan Baxter who lost his medal as having it still in spirit. 

54 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

:USA Varvara Lepchenko (tennis) has been provisionally suspended today (andrafinili & modafinil). She's 35yo so probably tried to stiff-arm Father Time :p

Not her first positive test as she tested positive for Melodonium in 2016. 

On 8/15/2021 at 10:04 AM, opruh said:

When will Britain return the stolen silver medal?

If you are talking about the Tokyo 2020 Men's 4x100 m Relay. I suppose we will have to wait for a bit. I guess CJ Ujah's B sample has been retested but I think he is now trying to prove himself innocent as they all do by using some steps to express that the substances got to the body by contaminated food or from food supplement that did not have written the banned substances on the list. But if I am correct, CJ Ujah's sample had 3 banned substances and this is hardly defendable. So I suppose sooner or later, the :GBR will have to return the medal. I guess they will prove him guilty, silver will go to :CAN and bronze to :CHN . But I think the final decision will be made some time at the end of the year earliest. Now, it is still too early. 

3 hours ago, Jan Linha said:

If you are talking about the Tokyo 2020 Men's 4x100 m Relay. I suppose we will have to wait for a bit. I guess CJ Ujah's B sample has been retested but I think he is now trying to prove himself innocent as they all do by using some steps to express that the substances got to the body by contaminated food or from food supplement that did not have written the banned substances on the list. But if I am correct, CJ Ujah's sample had 3 banned substances and this is hardly defendable. So I suppose sooner or later, the :GBR will have to return the medal. I guess they will prove him guilty, silver will go to :CAN and bronze to :CHN . But I think the final decision will be made some time at the end of the year earliest. Now, it is still too early. 

According to the UK press there has not been a second test yet.  He’s going with the old favourite “mislabelled/contaminated batch” defense, which has never worked for anyone not directly employed by Nike.