website statistics

Doping Cases and Bans 2021 Thread

Wumo

And everyone in the UK suspects Sky sold up due to the doping stories affecting their reputation. Considering Ineos as a company are not overtly popular further doping stories  (and actual stories relating to current activities and not just speculation or rumours without some evidence) could be very damaging to them.

Through the British Press  care less now as they now fully spereate from the Manchester based team and UKAD have less jurisdiction over them 

10 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

Obviously there is no proof, otherwise he wouldn't be allowed to compete. Common sense/a basic understanding of statistics should tell you that the probablity of him being clean at best is as big as the probability of you winning the lottery every week for the rest of your life.

Sources: dude trust me

As now we come across the world
To share these Games of old
Let all the flags of every land
In brotherhood unfold

9 hours ago, Mkbw50 said:

Sources: dude trust me

Nope, the source should be your own common sense, but in this case it doesn't seem to work, because you somehow see the accomplishment of some of your compatriots as partly your own and admitting to yourself that they are as dirty as everyone else would leave you without anything to be proud of.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

9 hours ago, JoshMartini007 said:

Like what's the point in watching top level sports if you truly believe all the top contenders are cheaters?

You could still enjoy it for what it is, a form of entertainment. Personally i believe that anyone who watches elite sports is supporting doping, so i will stop watching it. Personally i believe that you should not not do something that is right, just because it has negative effects on you personally (not being able to use sports as a source of entertainment).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

17 minutes ago, OlympicsFan said:

You could still enjoy it for what it is, a form of entertainment. Personally i believe that anyone who watches elite sports is supporting doping, so i will stop watching it. Personally i believe that you should not not do something that is right, just because it has negative effects on you personally (not being able to use sports as a source of entertainment).

How many times will you write this down before you finally stop visiting this forum? We got it the first time you wrote it down, stop strocking your gargantuan ego and disappear already. 

11 hours ago, Orangehair43 said:

And other than cycling most of the increase is in a select few sports when funding and full time training is proven to make a lot of the difference and doping is not likely to be effective. 

Like what, checkers and competitive eating?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!