website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

15 minutes ago, Oldira said:

I see :IRL are 80/1 to win the Gold Medal in Eventing. Is that not a bit high for current WC silver medallists?

Well, only one athlete/horse are back from that team. Double medalist McCarthy is missing completely, while both Ennis and Watson still have to prove the worth of their Tokyo rides.

#banbestmen

But Daniels was the 4th best in Tryon and he's one of the best in the world now. I still see Ireland as outsiders for a medal but I think the lack of a discard score could help them as we're usually stronger in cross country than most.

You'd have to imagine Germany would win but they were only 5th in Tryon so anything is possible.

3 hours ago, dcro said:

Unlikely. Jumping horses are yet to be flown, so maybe Australia can still field a replacement.

But quarantine has already started and it doesn't seem like they quarantined more horses than necessary. They didn't even have a traveling reserve. 

Some countries that have quarantined reserves for the individual competition could step up on such short notice (Italy? Canada?). Not sure how that would work with qualification processes. Would be fun if Canada who were disqualified because of cocain, finally got to Tokyo thanks to cocain :p

3 minutes ago, lea26 said:

Withdrawal in :BEL jumping : Jeunesse (Yves Vanderhasselt) is injured. They are replaced by the reserve couple Pieter Devos and Claire Z but Belgium is down to 3.

Actually, Vanderhasselt was already a reserve, and now Devos replaces him. They still have 4 riders.

https://inside.fei.org/system/files/OG Jumping Definite Entries 21Jul21.pdf

#banbestmen

24 minutes ago, dcro said:

Actually, Vanderhasselt was already a reserve, and now Devos replaces him. They still have 4 riders.

https://inside.fei.org/system/files/OG Jumping Definite Entries 21Jul21.pdf

Thank you, article I read was unclear. So the non-travelling reserve replaces the travelling reserve.