website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Well after the "Registration problem" Israel slected the 4 - riders team for Tokyo

Well i wish them good luck and i'm truely excited to see Israel at the equestrian for the first time (and hopefully not the last)

:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR:ISR

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ3GVjpqskM/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet

29 minutes ago, dcro said:

What is happening?? Another victim of the nationality rules, and this one is from the big leagues.

:NED Dinja van Liere celebrated her selection yesterday like this.

21_rotterdam_vanliere_hermes_3141.jpg

And today she finds out she can't go as her horse Hermes, is in fact, listed as German owned and therefore ineligible.

https://www.eurodressage.com/2021/07/03/dinja-van-lieres-hermes-not-eligible-dutch-olympic-team-selection

@heywoodu

Well, bye bye to our chances of winning a (bronze) medal in the team event. The Dutch federation finally found the missing link for a decent team result, but after this misstep, we definitely can forget a medal. 

So Edward Gal and Hans Peter Minderhoud are searching now for a third rider. Don't know yet who qualifies as the third Dutch team member.

18 hours ago, dcro said:

No Olympics for :USA Beezie Madden. :(

Not an injury or something of that sort. She just decided, after the Nations Cup today, that her young short-listed horse Garant is not quite ready for an Olympic caliber tournament.

I do like the fact that she's not trying to push a horse beyond it's limits. Makes me cheer for her in the future.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

34 minutes ago, hckošice said:

I see they are going for London 2012 colors

Definitively feels like London permanently changed the way the « look of the games » is done. Different venues having different colour schemes has been done ever since.

:GER Germany - Jumping

Daniel Deusser (Killer Queen)

Christian Kukuk (Mumbai)

Andre Thieme (Chakaria)

Reserve: Maurice Tebbel (Don Diarado)

The German federation is not even hiding it. They have confirmed that Maurice Tebbel will step in for the team competition. :evil:

https://www.pferd-aktuell.de/news/aktuelle-meldungen/olympische-spiele/springen-kandidaten-fuer-olympische-spiele-benannt

There will be a lot of this in jumping. Individual and team competitions will be held completely separately, with the individual jumping coming first. Putting in a substitution gives you a fresh horse for the 'main' (team) competition.

#banbestmen

:BEL Belgium - Team dressage

Domien Michiels (Intermezzo van het Meerdaalhof)

Larissa Pauluis (Flambeau)

Laurence Roos (Fil Rouge)

Reserve: Alexa Fairchild (Dabanos)

If you are looking for a new athlete to cheer for, then look no further than Larissa Pauluis...

#banbestmen