website statistics

Equestrian at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Yeah. Looks like it might be an administrative error on their part after all. This is very reminiscent of the Pyeonchang bobsleigh fiasco. :facepalm:

There reason why I am the only Slovak in this forum,

Slovaks is a people who does not have high sports expectations, we are basically reconciled with the fact that we are only a small country and we cannot have success in sports. Slovaks cares only about Hockey when it comes to sport, even in the respective sport federations people in lead no expect any success, trust me, I guess in the equestrian federation they did not even know the qualification rules for Tokyo because they did not expect any chance to start at the Olympics, actually I would bet on it.

:BEL Belgium

Jumping

Niels Bruynseels (Delux van T & L)

Jerome Guery (Quel Homme de Hus)

Gregory Wathelet (Nevados S)

Reserve: Yves Vanderhasselt (Jeunesse)

Eventing

Lara de Liedekerke-Meier (Alpaga d'Arville)

Dressage (TBD in early July)

#banbestmen

:AUS Australia

8th Olympics for Andrew Hoy, 6th for Mary Hanna.

Eventing

Chris Burton and Quality Purdey, owned by Claire Poole. Groom, Coriander Cousins

Andrew Hoy and Vassily de Lassos, owned by David and Paula Evans. Groom, Clémentine Girardeau

Shane Rose and Virgil, owned by Shane and Niki Rose and Michelle Hasibar. Groom, Rachel Watts

Reserve combination: Stuart Tinney and Leporis, owned by Stuart and Karen Tinney. Groom, Karen Tinney 

Dressage

Mary Hanna and Calanta, owned by Mary and Rob Hanna. Groom, Casey Gill.

Kelly Layne and Samhitas, owned by Kelly and Nori Maezawa. Groom, Satomi Ishikuri

Simone Pearce and Destano, owned by Simone and Gestüt Sprehe. Groom, Emily Reudavey 

#banbestmen

Love this quote from :EST Dina Ellermann. :d

"One of our prominent jumping riders has a famous quote from a few years ago," Ellermann explained. "He said that it will be more likely for an Estonian to go to the Moon than for an Estonian equestrian to go to the Olympics. This will be the most perfect way to prove him wrong!"

https://www.eurodressage.com/2021/06/26/dina-ellermann-gets-late-invitation-go-2021-olympic-games-tokyo

#banbestmen