website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

12 minutes ago, dcro said:

:CRO 58 athletes

By far and away the smallest team ever. The previous low-water mark was 81 (!) from Athens 2004.

well, what some would give for such a number. I know what I am speaking about. :d

But yeah, pretty low number for a country like Croatia :( This qualification cycle was not very friendly to european small sized nations

38 minutes ago, hckošice said:

well, what some would give for such a number. I know what I am speaking about. :d

But yeah, pretty low number for a country like Croatia :( This qualification cycle was not very friendly to european small sized nations

Expect maybe for :IRL  Over 110 and even without Hockey and Rugby Sevens would have had our largest team ever.

6 minutes ago, dcro said:

Is :ISL Iceland seriously reduced to 3 athletes? Less than San Marino, Liechtenstein and Monaco??

Thank God they will be eligible for the Tripartite spots from now on...

They had 28 in London including a relay team in Swimming and a mens handball team (who of course won  silver in 2008). it's crazy to see only 3 universal spots this time round

11 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

:GRE Unless anything changes, we have 83 going to Tokyo. Our smallest team since Barcelona 1992...

However this is including 9 in artistic swimming and 13 in water polo, so I guess some might say we have 81 and not 83?

I don't think in artistic swimming allowing 1 P card athlete. I mean we also want to use this P card if it exists because our duet athletes are 30+ years old and really wanna some rest. But the federation said the rules force them joining the team and only 8 quotas allowed.

:IRI it's almost official that we will have 67 athletes in Tokyo. or 66 if we don't count the reserve guy in fencing.

12 Basketball

12 Volleyball

11 Wrestling

6 Shooting

4 Athletics

3 Fencing (or 4)

3 Karate :cry:

3 Taekwondo

3 Weightlifting

2 Boxing

1 Badminton

1 Rowing