website statistics

Summer Olympic Games 2020 Team Sizes

10 minutes ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

In oneway i understand, the practical way, but not moraly,bescause if you say onesthat you are brittish citiuzen you suddently become irish, becausethen you useacitizenchip to get faors. It is not may eay to act.

It's a complex matter and everyone will have a different opinion about it. On one hand, I would like all nations and territories to have the same kind of treatment from the IOC, but on the other hand it's important to be sensible and avoid unnecessary conflicts given the recent history in the region, so it's best to just let it slide and think about other things.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

It's a complex matter and everyone will have a different opinion about it. On one hand, I would like all nations and territories to have the same kind of treatment from the IOC, but on the other hand it's important to be sensible and avoid unnecessary conflicts given the recent history in the region, so it's best to just let it slide and think about other things.

Added to which we're talking about a very small group of athletes.

2 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

But it’s not special treatment from the IOC really. If someone is a citizen of, say, Brazil or Netherlands or Malta or whoever they can represent them

That’s how it works for Ireland and GB. The people of Northern Ireland are entitled to citizenship of both and that’s that really.

It’s nothing new 

1 hour ago, Khadidja Aisha said:

It was new to me, andrgen The f4ree state behae like Wrst Germany did to EastGermany, deniel of a citizenchip.

But it’s also like Hackimi or Ziyech in football,  both born In other countries and have family and eligibility to represent Morocco and they did so, A lot of athletes have the option to choose who to represent  and this is no different