website statistics

Modern Pentathlon UIPM World Championships 2017

bestmen

15 hours ago, Vojthas said:

You've got bronze of Justinas, I guess Laura will get silver, if they start together in mixed they might get gold as they did in 2014 in Warsaw.

Especially since last year's UIPM Congress decided to change the value of one swimming second - it's now two points (previously three points). You can see it during qualifications - when A group starts with fencing, the classification doesn't change a lot after swimming, when group B starts with swimming the classification changes dramatically after fencing.

And another interesting thing - Poland with silver in team. With no athletes in TOP 15. And only 7 points of loss to golden Egypt, who had Hamad in 4th and Hamed in 6th. Koreans with only two finalist (third result taken to count from qualifications) with bronze.

Tomorrow my fingers crossed for Maliszewska, but I hope Földházi get something individually at last - in last few years she had many injuries and had very few chances to win something, but she is really talented (she won her Senior ECH gold before Junior WCH gold in 2013).

Unfortunately Laura don't want to start in relay, so Justinas will be competing together with Lina Batulevičiūtė. Don't have a lot of hope for Lina, although she might surprise everyone like she surprised with silver in women relay back in 2015 World Champs.

46 minutes ago, Bearas said:

Unfortunately Laura don't want to start in relay, so Justinas will be competing together with Lina Batulevičiūtė. Don't have a lot of hope for Lina, although she might surprise everyone like she surprised with silver in women relay back in 2015 World Champs.

I remember that finish against Oktawia Nowacka. So maybe now it'll be a chance for a revenge ;)

Two days ago I was talking with someone from UIPM (not brave enough to introduce himself with his name) who was trying to convince me that they made huge progress during last years and the proof is a partnership with Eurosport (which results in "delayed live" broadcast). I answered and wrote how big regress they made:

2011-2012 – agreement with 247.tv - full coverage of swimming, fencing (one piste shown), riding and combined event with scores live on tv (in riding current classification, in combined intermediate times and shooting range)

2013 – agreement with Russian NTV+ – fencing and swimming in highlights only, full riding and combined with live results as above

2014 – inaugaration of the new live score system on UIPM website, used also during broadcast – in 2014 no live results during competition, no shooting range live, in 2015 fencing bonus round added shooting range appeared, still no intermediate results in riding and differences during run

2016 – inauguration of UIPM TV being also resignation from YouTube – no more live chat, where fans from all over the world could talk about pentathlon (sometimes with athletes not participating this time), as it was on YouTube, riding only with few athletes

Yesterday they finished live before medal ceremony of teams, in live results there was no information about it.