website statistics

Men's Basketball Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

49 minutes ago, George_D said:

Spain took down France to remain undefeated in preparation for Tokyo’s Olympics

Spain remains undefeated in preparation ahead of Tokyo’s Olympics and took down the French NT 86-77 in a friendly game in Malaga, Spain on Thursday.

Ricky Rubio paced Sergio Scariolo’s selection with 16 points, 4 assists, Sergio Rodriguez posted 14 points while Rudy Fernandez and Alberto Abalde had 11 points each.

Despite the victory, Spain saw Juancho Hernangómez leaving the court in the first half due to shoulder issues and his condition is expected to be evaluated soon.

They have already confirmed that Juancho won't be in Tokyo. The recovery time is at least 1 month. :cry:

Great victory of :ESP against :FRA in Paris, 87-79. Ricky Rubio MVP of the game with 23 points. Pau Gasol and Alex Abrines didn't travel to France due to some small injuries, but they are expected to join the team again in the last friendly game before the Olympics against :USA next Sunday. 

20 minutes ago, NearPup said:

Is this the next Athens 2004 men’s basketball team for the US?

I sure hope not. They still have like 4 more exhibitions before the Olympics, so I’m not too worried. Plus they don’t have Devin Booker yet. He’s in the NBA finals.

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

Good, the Czechs have a chance now :cool:

Our team's confidence is now pretty high. As they said: "We are not going to only participate in the game against US" .... Let's see. Game against Canada seemed to be impossible, too. And Voilà .... They don't seem to be shitting pants from seeing big names. I think they may be a solid opponent. But can't really expect a victory I am afraid ...

6 hours ago, NearPup said:

Is this the next Athens 2004 men’s basketball team for the US?

or the next 2019 World Cup...:lol:

for sure, when they lose an exhibition game, then the big tournament doesn't go that well...:evil: :p

by the way, for those want to watch the full game, you can find it here: