website statistics

Men's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2017

George_D

congrats to russia.

i hope they will change format(not gonna happen),cause our team should get higher. we defeated world champions and played twice with russia(has two sets pints first match).we should cross over with another group like sistem is in basketball

For me,the best tournament system is what Len had used for some years,at Water Polo European Championships.

12 teams,2 groups of 6,the first of each group qualifies for the semifinal,while second and third teams play an additional "quarterfinal" match"

You would argue that 12 teams for volleyball are few,but it could be counterweighed by strong qualification round,like:

-Every team except the host participates,no automatic qualifications to tournament based on perfomance at previous tournaments

-First and second round for "weak teams".Home and away matches.

-Third round 24 teams-,winners of second round and "strong" teams,6 groups of 4, 1 host team per group.single matches(3 per team).First two qualify for the tournament.

hace 1 hora, George_D said:

the most stupid system is that of fivb world championship

Which one?, they change every edition. The one from 2010 was awful and favored Italy heavily, the one from 2014 was good except for that useless 3rd round. The best one was the one from 2006, which was the same as 2014 but without that silly round.

7 minutes ago, LDOG said:

Which one?, they change every edition. The one from 2010 was awful and favored Italy heavily, the one from 2014 was good except for that useless 3rd round. The best one was the one from 2006, which was the same as 2014 but without that silly round.

Yes exactly this silly 3rd round of 2014. And i think the same system will be used in 2018 edition