website statistics

Women's Water Polo Tournament at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

Yeah... there's only one team in the pool, mistakes after mistakes from our team. It really is time to let Attila Bíró go as the coach of the Hungarian women's water polo team if we won't win a medal because this level of inconsistency is unacceptable on this level. On one day we can beat the best team in the world, on another day we can be defeated by almost every team. I am so fucking tired of it. 

lol, :ESP is giving us all the opportunities in the world to save the match and ofc we can't score. 

Terrible display of water polo from both teams in the last quarter, not worthy of the Summer Games. In fact, Spain wasn't that great on this match either, a better team would have won it much more easily. 

The fact is that for some reason both our women's handball and women's water polo teams are in the hands of people who must have the emotional intelligence of a chicken because it's entirely up to luck how we end up playing on a given match. Either our coaches are completely incompetent or the female Hungarian players are in need of some long therapy sessions. Why is that our male teams are never this inconsistent? 

Just to show our awful history, this is how we lost our matches where we could have secured our first Olympic medal so far 7 times.

SF 2008 :NED 7-8

BM 2008 :AUS 11-12 (PSO)

SF 2012 :ESP 9-10

BM 2012 :AUS 11-13 (OT)

SF 2016 :USA 10-14

BM 2016 :RUS 18-19 (PSO)

SF 2020 :ESP 6-8

And here comes our 8th chance...

19 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Just to show our awful history, this is how we lost our matches where we could have secured our first Olympic medal so far 7 times.

SF 2008 :NED 7-8

BM 2008 :AUS 11-12 (PSO)

SF 2012 :ESP 9-10

BM 2012 :AUS 11-13 (OT)

SF 2016 :USA 10-14

BM 2016 :RUS 18-19 (PSO)

SF 2020 :ESP 6-8

And here comes our 8th chance...

I hope your girls can get bronze! I say that knowing I don't want your men's team to win their semifinal of course :d