Soma Vogel

Gergo Zalanki

Matyas Pasztor

Gold Medal Match

:SRB Serbia   13 - 10  Greece  :GRE

Bronze Medal Match

:HUN Hungary  9 - 5  Spain :ESP

Full Tournament Results Here

Well done on posting the results all Olympics long.

Congratulations to Serbia on another gold medal.

I am proud of our team. I think we had some chances to win gold. We conceded two penalties and had a low % conversion with the exclusions and missed some opportunities, but it's okay. Silver is still a great result for our team and I think this can be the start of many medals for Greece because our team is so young compared with other big teams.

For example our oldest player (Fountoulis) is 33. Serbia has 7 players older than him. Serbia's youngest player (Jaksic) is 24. We have 4 players younger than him. Hungary and Croatia for example also have very old teams compared with Greece. I am optimistic about the future :d

1 hour ago, Makedonas said:

Congratulations to Serbia on another gold medal.

I am proud of our team. I think we had some chances to win gold. We conceded two penalties and had a low % conversion with the exclusions and missed some opportunities, but it's okay. Silver is still a great result for our team and I think this can be the start of many medals for Greece because our team is so young compared with other big teams.

For example our oldest player (Fountoulis) is 33. Serbia has 7 players older than him. Serbia's youngest player (Jaksic) is 24. We have 4 players younger than him. Hungary and Croatia for example also have very old teams compared with Greece. I am optimistic about the future :d

Let's wait to see what will happen with the coach first

30 minutes ago, El Greco 21 said:

Let's wait to see what will happen with the coach first

Why, is Vlachos going to leave? That would be such a shame, I really like him and believe in him. I only disagree with his decisions to not bring Nikolaidis to some tournaments but he is still young and I think soon he will join the team. I know there was also some controversy about dropping Gounas from the team this year but with Olympic and World League medals, I think Vlachos gets a pass from criticism.

11 hours ago, Makedonas said:

Why, is Vlachos going to leave? That would be such a shame, I really like him and believe in him. I only disagree with his decisions to not bring Nikolaidis to some tournaments but he is still young and I think soon he will join the team. I know there was also some controversy about dropping Gounas from the team this year but with Olympic and World League medals, I think Vlachos gets a pass from criticism.

The new president of the federation (used to be a teammate of Vlachos) said that there is an issue for national coaches that coach clubs. I think all the minor national teams (with many medals) changed their coaches for that reason and since Vlachos is coaching Olympiakos there is a problem. I hear that there is a huge proposal from the national federation to Vlachos to renew, but only if he decides to leave Olympiakos

7 hours ago, El Greco 21 said:

The new president of the federation (used to be a teammate of Vlachos) said that there is an issue for national coaches that coach clubs. I think all the minor national teams (with many medals) changed their coaches for that reason and since Vlachos is coaching Olympiakos there is a problem. I hear that there is a huge proposal from the national federation to Vlachos to renew, but only if he decides to leave Olympiakos

Wow that would be a shame. I know in other sports it is an issue in Greece (basketball for example there was the issue with Pitino being chosen as national team coach while he was coaching Panathinaikos), and normally I would agree that they shouldn't do both. However Vlachos gets good results with both teams lately and most of our national team players play for Olympiakos anyways so I think it actually helps that everyone is together all the time.