Alexandros Papanastasiou

Georgios Dervisis

Stylianos Argyropoulos 

Konstantinos Mourikis

Christodoulos Kolomvos

Konstantinos Gkiouvetsis

Angelos Vlachopoulos

Konstantinos Galanidis (GK)

Pretty good mix of youth and experience. 6 of these 13 players were in Rio, and only 2 were in London. Sad to see Alexandros Gounas not there, though it was expected because he was dropped from the national team in February and hasn't been called up since. Relieved to see Vlachopoulos back. He is arguably our best player (along with Fountoulis) and he wasn't at the recent World League finals, but I guess he was just injured or something because he was training with the team and playing in friendlies just a few weeks ago.

Also I wish Dimitrios Nikolaidis got picked. For some reason he doesn't seem to be liked by our coach and often doesn't get called up, however he is very young so he will have more chances in the future.

BENU cup preparation tournament - Budapest

Featuring :CRO:HUN:ESP and :RUS

Scores:

Hungary - Croatia 11-13

Hungary - Spain 11-11

Hungary - Russia 19-14

Croatia - Russia 21-11

Croatia - Spain 15-11

Spain - Russia 15-11

Don't know the squads of the other participants , I know that Hungary played mostly but not exclusively with the Olympics squad.

Judging from these results, it's advantage Croatia v. these teams at least...

9 minutes ago, zob79 said:

I'm glad to see Marios in the roster; he did a great job in Romania when playing for Steaua. I wish him all the best and hope one day he'll come back

He left? I thought he was still at Steaua.

I'm also happy he's there because this might be his only chance for the Olympics. He's already 29 and we have a lot of young players coming up who won several tournaments already (2017 and 2019 World Junior Championships and 2018 European U19 Championships).

Just now, Makedonas said:

He left? I thought he was still at Steaua.

I'm also happy he's there because this might be his only chance for the Olympics. He's already 29 and we have a lot of young players coming up who won several tournaments already (2017 and 2019 World Junior Championships and 2018 European U19 Championships).

He left last year because our retarded management decided to build up a team only with domestic players. Needless to say what happened in CL qualifications...

By the way, this is the Hungarian squad for the Olympics (names in Hungarian order as this is copy paste from a local website)

Goalkeepers: Nagy Viktor (Szolnoki Dózsa), Vogel Soma (FTC-Telekom)

Field players: Angyal Dániel (Szolnok),

Erdélyi Balázs, Hárai Balázs, Manhercz Krisztián (all three OSC), Hosnyánszky Norbert (Budapesti Honvéd SE), Jansik Szilárd, Mezei Tamás, Varga Dénes, Vámos Márton, Zalánki Gergő (all 5 FTC), Pásztor Mátyás (BVSC-Zugló MKB-Euroleasing)     

19 minutes ago, zob79 said:

He left last year because our retarded management decided to build up a team only with domestic players. Needless to say what happened in CL qualifications...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_men's_national_water_polo_team#Current_squad

It says here that he plays for them. I think this is updated because some of these players like Fountoulis and Kolomvos just moved to Olympiacos, and Vlachopoulos was playing for AN Brescia in Italy and now it says he plays in Serbia, also Argyropoulos was playing for Olympiacos and now it says he's playing for Jug, so I guess these are the clubs people will play for next season and it has Kapotsis at Steaua!

7 minutes ago, Makedonas said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greece_men's_national_water_polo_team#Current_squad

It says here that he plays for them. I think this is updated because some of these players like Fountoulis and Kolomvos just moved to Olympiacos, and Vlachopoulos was playing for AN Brescia in Italy and now it says he plays in Serbia, also Argyropoulos was playing for Olympiacos and now it says he's playing for Jug, so I guess these are the clubs people will play for next season and it has Kapotsis at Steaua!

I have him as friend on Facebook and there it says he plays for Vouliagmeni

The wiki page lists the roster from 2020 World League

10 minutes ago, zob79 said:

I have him as friend on Facebook and there it says he plays for Vouliagmeni

The wiki page lists the roster from 2020 World League

2020 World League was postponed due to covid and just ended a few days ago actually