CAN

KOR

USA

CHN

NED

JPN

RUS

HUN

for the individual spots, I leave the honor to make all the maths to someone else...:whistle:

Edited by phelps

9 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Any idea what happens if Russia are not allowed to compete?

they should enter in the relay events the 9th ranked in each of the relay rankings (France among the girls and Kazakhstan among the boys)...

but I don't think we can be sure of that until it happens (if it happens)...

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Wikipedia has :BLR and :SWE qualifying and on a quick glance that looks to be right (in the men's 1500m).

I don't think that is right. I've had a look and I think they are ranked 37th and 38th (once 4th athletes from relay nations) have been taken away and only the top 36 qualify.

The mistake on the Wikipedia page is that Italy has qualified 3 athletes, not 2 and Kazakhstan has qualified 2 athletes, not 1.

3 minutes ago, uk12points said:

I don't think that is right. I've had a look and I think they are ranked 37th and 38th (once 4th athletes from relay nations) have been taken away and only the top 36 qualify.

The mistake on the Wikipedia page is that Italy has qualified 3 athletes, not 2 and Kazakhstan has qualified 2 athletes, not 1.

They do not need to necessarily be in the top 36. The third Italian + Second Kazakh athlete would be the 4th qualified from each nation (and thus they cannot qualify, as the max is 3 per nation). Therefore the last two trickle down to :BLR and :SWE 

20 minutes ago, intoronto said:

They do not need to necessarily be in the top 36. The third Italian + Second Kazakh athlete would be the 4th qualified from each nation (and thus they cannot qualify, as the max is 3 per nation). Therefore the last two trickle down to :BLR and :SWE 

Oh, I didn't realise that they had more than 3 athletes qualified across all the events!

Edited by uk12points

5 hours ago, intoronto said:

How can third or second be fourth?