website statistics

Figure Skating 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

George_D

:GBR:JPN:GER:LTU:FIN:SVK are holding ice dance quotas after the short dance. I'm pretty sure that Allison Reed will struggle to get Lithuanian citizenship though. :KOR  :ARM:CZE:BLR are definitely within the striking distance going into the free dance.

South Korea is actually guaranteed extra quota place if they fail to qualify, what is an utter nonsense. So, if they finish in top 6 here then we'll have 24 couples at the Olympics, if not then there will be 25. Either give them a host quota or not, this is just stupid!

#banbestmen

7 minutes ago, dcro said:

:GBR:JPN:GER:LTU:FIN:SVK are holding ice dance quotas after the short dance. I'm pretty sure that Allison Reed will struggle to get Lithuanian citizenship though. :KOR  :ARM:CZE:BLR are definitely within the striking distance going into the free dance.

South Korea is actually guaranteed extra quota place if they fail to qualify, what is an utter nonsense. So, if they finish in top 6 here then we'll have 24 couples at the Olympics, if not then there will be 25. Either give them a host quota or not, this is just stupid!

Same journalist i spoke to about the pairs said there were only 5 places for ice dance available?

At the moment

Edited by Dragon

5 minutes ago, Dragon said:

Same journalist i spoke to about the pairs said there were only 5 places for ice dance available?

Officially it's 5, but with Laurence Fournier-Beaudry not being granted Danish citizenship (even if she marries her partner/boyfriend), then we can already count this realloction.

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Officially it's 5, but with Laurence Fournier-Beaudry not being granted Danish citizenship (even if she marries her partner/boyfriend), then we can already count this realloction.

She isn't really trying to get Danish citizenship