website statistics

Men's Volleyball FIVB Nations League 2021

Totallympics

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Someone had the bright idea to accommodate Poland and Iran on the same floor, in the same corridor at the hotel and their seem to already be tension between them, even before the VNL has started. :d

https://www.volleyball.it/vnl-m-iran-vs-polonia-la-tensione-corre-in-corridoio/

3 hours ago, Federer91 said:

Someone had the bright idea to accommodate Poland and Iran on the same floor, in the same corridor at the hotel and their seem to already be tension between them, even before the VNL has started. :d

https://www.volleyball.it/vnl-m-iran-vs-polonia-la-tensione-corre-in-corridoio/

nope. this is just Heynen acting like "Heynen", there is nothing unusual about that (who cares which team is in the same floor) unless Heynen creates a story. what a disgusting human he is.:thumbdown:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, tournament is almost over and there was exactly 0 posts during almost entire competition! 

So far :POL wins 12 matches out of 14, we lost only against :BRA and :SLO. Today we beat :IRI 3-0 and tomorrow we will play against :FRA, but even before this match it's sure that we will play in "Final Four". 

Shortly after this tournament our team for Olympics will be announced.

Congrats to Brazil for winning this year's VNL!
This was to be expected bc in my opinion they were the ones who took the tournament the most seriously and were in good form until the end. I'm curious to see if they will keep it up till the Olympics tho.

As for the VNL itself - it was still the same big training camp like the previous editions. The individual awards made me laugh, some of the sanitary regulations were just stupid and unnecessary, but after all it was still fun to watch national teams after such a long break.

Yeah, i have to agree that this years VNL was a complete waste. The lack of interest and replies here just shows it. 

This whole new system feels so broken. With every year, since they'd changed it, the interest is shrinking. And the schedule is brutal for the players. Our team said, that after the first 7-8 matches, we caught a few injuries and after that only 9-10 people had to finish the league. They were getting so tired by the end, that everyone just wished it was finally over with.