website statistics

Women's Volleyball CEV European Championship 2021

Totallympics

51 minutes ago, De_Gambassi said:

Close to 2.7 millions viewers for the final Italy, which tbh doesn't seem that impressive:

https://www.volleyball.it/europei-f-2-600-000-di-telespettatori-per-loro-europeo/

well, considering that the game was broadcasted on rai3 (which is a minor channel, with an average share of 6/7% in primetime) and started at 8 p.m. (when our primetime normally starts at 9.15/9.30 p.m.) on a saturday night still in Summer (and that it was available also online on dazn, which has its own decent number of viewers, especially now that they broadcast the serie A football), I think it's a very, very good result...

there's no chance for sports other than football, F1, Valentino Rossi and sometimes the big cycling classics to make big numbers in Italy...

the Olympic Games are always an exception because they grab a lot of occasional viewers that would never watch any other sport on regular basis...

4 hours ago, De_Gambassi said:

Close to 2.7 millions viewers for the final Italy, which tbh doesn't seem that impressive:

https://www.volleyball.it/europei-f-2-600-000-di-telespettatori-per-loro-europeo/

I can't say if tv numbers were good, but with 20,565 spectators in the stadium, the match broke the record for most spectators in a women's indoor volleyball match.

8 hours ago, maestro said:

I can't say if tv numbers were good, but with 20,565 spectators in the stadium, the match broke the record for most spectators in a women's indoor volleyball match.

Yes, I've seen that, but apparently it's not true. There is a college volleyball (!) game in the Philippines that attracted more and also a world championship game in Brasil in 1994 like this calm and very rational tweet would like us to reminder.