website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

Totallympics

9 minutes ago, MHSN said:

maybe the same person who distributes the wild cards? :mumble:

Yeah, quite probable.

I know we don't belong there and we not deserve to play there. since we failed in qualification. But once for whatever weird reason we're there once in a million years, I secretly hoped that the girls would play against a not-so-traditional opponent from another continent or so and might have a chance to enjoy at least one win, but after that draw, it's impossible.

Meh, We didn't even have to travel to these world championships to play against these opponents. :lol: We play several friendly matches / tournaments against them every year. 

30 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Yeah, quite probable.

I know we don't belong there and we not deserve to play there. since we failed in qualification. But once for whatever weird reason we're there once in a million years, I secretly hoped that the girls would play against a not-so-traditional opponent from another continent or so and might have a chance to enjoy at least one win, but after that draw, it's impossible.

Meh, We didn't even have to travel to these world championships to play against these opponents. :lol: We play several friendly matches / tournaments against them every year. 

well they have rules for the seeding, not really great but there are rules, mostly based on 2019 Worlds and those who receive Wild Cards are always in the 4th pot.

for example Kazakhstan is in pot 3 because they are taking the place of Asia 1. (since top 2 Asian teams finished in top 12 of the last edition)

1 hour ago, hckošice said:

I secretly hoped that the girls would play against a not-so-traditional opponent from another continent or so and might have a chance to enjoy at least one win, but after that draw, it's impossible.

Slovakia will play exotic teams... in the classification rounds :p

So first match in a high level tournament for our W handball team since the extinction of dinosaurs is over. And it was not so bad at the end I must admit. We scored 29 goals to :HUN  Not bad, not bad :d

still a little disappointed and sad we ended up in such a difficult group though

14 minutes ago, MHSN said:

yes that was really unfortunate :cry: looked like a very serious injury

btw can your girls be a bit nicer? :d

Your GK is very good, the problem is your attack, but overall Iran has a nice women’s team and i think all the iranians can be proud of them.