website statistics

Women's Handball IHF World Championship 2021

Totallympics

• 2 months later...

Not facing Spain in the play-offs is a change for the girls for once :p

but since we qualified only once for the world champs (1995) I do not see our chances growing even for a bit against Serbia neither. But at least in the opposite of the mens the girls are at least able to win their pre-qualifying rounds :d

3 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Not facing Spain in the play-offs is a change for the girls for once :p

but since we qualified only once for the world champs (1995) I do not see our chances growing even for a bit against Serbia neither. But at least in the opposite of the mens the girls are at least able to win their pre-qualifying rounds :d

I think you got a small chance for an upset, which is more than what I can say about most of the matches. Serbia only beat you by one goal during the ECh qualifiers in 2019. 

18 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I think you got a small chance for an upset, which is more than what I can say about most of the matches. Serbia only beat you by one goal during the ECh qualifiers in 2019. 

If it was for one direct match, maybe yes, with some luck in a given day, everything can happen, I think we once played them at the European and somehow advanced even to the next round at their expense, but again it was one direct match.

In a home-away two games format I think it is highly unlikely for such upset, the more experienced and, let be honest, better team is more advantaged in 2 games.

21 hours ago, Vektor said:

European qualifiers of the 2021 World Women's Handball Championship:

:TUR v :RUS 

:CZE v :SUI 

:SLO v :ISL 

:SVK v :SRB 

:UKR v :SWE 

:AUT v :POL 

:HUN v :ITA 

:ROU v :MKD 

:POR v :GER

:MNE v :BLR 

Very hard draw for the Italians, of course we haven't chances against anyone. I hoped for Slovenia for have at last a nice match :p

• 4 weeks later...