website statistics

Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022 Debuting, Coming Back, Returning, and Missing Nations

Now that we’ve entered 2021, and there’s the prospect of some qualification events being held in the next few months, I felt like now was a good time to open this thread. Here we will keep a list of NOCs debuting, combing back, returning, and missing from the Beijing 2022 Winter Olympics.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

24 minutes ago, Benolympique said:

:ISV Skeleton

Yep :cool:

That’s my biggest hope at least.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I think :HAI is a safe bet to qualify through their 2020 Youth Olympian

I believe :ERI skier is retired ? Not 100% on this, so they likely won't compete. 

:DOM has a skier and not sure if he will try to qualify. 

Julia Marino will try again for :PAR

:PER may compete again depending on their NOC

Sadly :NGR and :GHA will likely not qualify due to new qualification rules in Bobsleigh/Skeleton

:ASA might return through their naturalized skeleton racer.

:NEP :TTO and :GUA have CC skiers looking for qualification. The former two just missed out in 2018.

2 minutes ago, rybak said:

Is there any chance that :DMA and :ZIM will participate again?

Unlikely. Dominica actually tried qualifying for 2018 but didn't send anyone. They got very bad publicity in 2014, so unlikely they want to repeat that. Zimbabwe's athlete is more or less retired.

:GAM has an active skeleton athlete on the men’s side, but it’s very unlikely he’ll qualify without the continental quota. 

2 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Unlikely. Dominica actually tried qualifying for 2018 but didn't send anyone. They got very bad publicity in 2014, so unlikely they want to repeat that. Zimbabwe's athlete is more or less retired.

Maybe Swaney can represent one of them in the halfpipe...

1 hour ago, intoronto said:

I think :HAI is a safe bet to qualify through their 2020 Youth Olympian

:CYP:ECU:PAK:TTO also had female alpine skiers at the 2020 Youth Olympics. I’d imagine they’ll attempt Olympic qualification too.