website statistics

Tennis at the Summer Olympic Games 2020

Totallympics

13 minutes ago, dodge said:

Another one gone…

Breaking: Dan Evans has tested positive for COVID-19 and has pulled out of the Olympic Games. Fellow British No 1 Johanna Konta announced the same yesterday.

Slovakia received two invitations during last night (Andrej Martin M Singles & Anna Karolína Schmiedlová W Singles). However after quick consultation with both players refused both of the quotas for logical lack of time to complete absurd Japanese administrative tasks and due to already full calendar of both players in the next weeks.

5 hours ago, hckošice said:

Slovakia received two invitations during last night (Andrej Martin M Singles & Anna Karolína Schmiedlová W Singles). However after quick consultation with both players refused both of the quotas for logical lack of time to complete absurd Japanese administrative tasks and due to already full calendar of both players in the next weeks.

I think that this will happen with most players that did not anticipate a nomination. In the end they will have to fill the singles competitions with double players that are already in Tokio.

6 minutes ago, Mecki83 said:

I think that this will happen with most players that did not anticipate a nomination. In the end they will have to fill the singles competitions with double players that are already in Tokio.

Yep, I think something similar like that happened in Rio. I am sure, that :CZE Lucie Hradecká was supposed to participate on in doubles and later was also playing in singles where she lost in 1st round to :DEN Wozniacki .....