website statistics

Cross-Country Skiing 2017 - 2018 Discussion Thread

dcro

18 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Maybe he's having a short training camp in Austria while figuring out where the next races will be? 

Could be... But there is less than a month of qualification period left. Hopefully he'll go to Turkey, as that might be the best chance in Europe.

#banbestmen

Just now, dcro said:

Could be... But there is less than a month of qualification period left. Hopefully he'll go to Turkey, as that might be the best chance in Europe.

I hope so too. The Brazilian in Project Bogota said he's a really nice and friendly guy, who was willing to learn from the others and also willing to help them in things he can help them with (like some better equipment since he's more famous and has more access to good sponsors), so I'm definitely cheering even more for him now :)

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Good race with 346 pts for :NEP Rai today. Wise decision to race in Slovakia. :d

I guess her next stop will be Turkey, @ahjfcshfghb?

It would be. But that’s over Christmas and nobody will be free to take her :( 

So after Christmas it’s going to be the Serbian and Lithuanian National Championships, Turkey and Bosnia, then Lebanon if there’s enough entries and Armenia if not. Then back to Serbia and finishing off in Iceland. Iran got canceled but may be rescheduled...

Edited by ahjfcshfghb

7 hours ago, dcro said:

Next Austrian race will be Villach on the 28th (and that's classic technique which I doubt he prefers). Pretty questionable decision to be in Central Europe, I expected Project Bogota to relocate to North America. :dunno:

415 is enough for him, but I'm sure he won't achieve that in Central Europe...

Lebanon is the answer!

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Lebanon is the answer!

Cool! Lebanon seems to be a popular cross-country destination these days. :d Suddenly there is a whole bunch of Lebanese skiers competing all over Europe and they will host their first ever XC event. Hopefully Lebanon will be rewarded for this by qualifying for the Olympics themselves. :)

1 hour ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

It would be. But that’s over Christmas and nobody will be free to take her :( 

So after Christmas it’s going to be the Serbian and Lithuanian National Championships, Turkey and Bosnia, then Lebanon if there’s enough entries and Armenia if not. Then back to Serbia and finishing off in Iceland. Iran got canceled but may be rescheduled...

She has enough time to fit all this? :yikes:

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

1 hour ago, dcro said:

Cool! Lebanon seems to be a popular cross-country destination these days. :d Suddenly there is a whole bunch of Lebanese skiers competing all over Europe and they will host their first ever XC event. Hopefully Lebanon will be rewarded for this by qualifying for the Olympics themselves. :)

She has enough time to fit all this? :yikes:

It’ll be a rush. But yeah :p She’s really good at endurance. She’s done 3 races in 4 days all with similar results. Thing is she just needs better technique to be faster. Also we are limited to freestyle (skating) races, classic cant be done yet.

We are hoping with Lebanon she can beat the Lebanese ladies and get 140.80 points!

1 minute ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

It’ll be a rush. But yeah :p She’s really good at endurance. She’s done 3 races in 4 days all with similar results. Thing is she just needs better technique to be faster. Also we are limited to freestyle (skating) races, classic cant be done yet.

We are hoping with Lebanon she can beat the Lebanese ladies and get 140.80 points!

Yeah, I concluded that by looking at her results. She's stealing the Montenegrins' trademark. :p

Well, she'll get her frequent flyer miles, that's for sure. :d

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, dcro said:

Something's from with these results... :p

-yFhVKINQNuWz2gGcUoEmQ.png

If this was a real winning time then :TGA Taufatofua's 19th place would give him 53640.58 FIS points. :lol:

Quick, somebody calculate how fast Damjanovski is to finish 10000 km in 20 seconds.

I'm betting on him to ski to the Formula One world title in 2018 :champion: