website statistics

Ice Hockey IIHF World Championships 2017

hckošice

Awful ! I have no words..Shameful play from our team... I´m very disapointed, I thought there some few really interesting prospects and several players worth to be selected for the World Championhips but no at all ! they are slow, atrocious, without any combativity.. absolute disaster, very bad choice of players for this tournament from the coach. very very bad. we can lost with Belarus but with some dignity and fight not like some frightened schoolchildrens with absolutely no interest about the game.

Slovak national hockey jersey is a pride and a honor. each player wearing it must fight with this pride and show it untill the end, this approach what demonstrated these dudes today has nothing with it. disgusting !

hope they will never be called to the NT anymore.

and they will be never for sure...

disgusting.

1-7 !!!

our historical highest defeat from Belarus...oh god what a shame...I will feel embarassed and ashamed for a quite very very long while now thanks those loosers :wall:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Schedule  17th December 2016

Men's U20 Div. I A  in Bremerhaven (GER)   Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Kazakhstan - Norway

16:30  Belarus - Austria

20:00  Germany - France

*Belarus need only 1 point to qualify for the top division, if they will lose in regular time, Germany will be still in the game but the Germans will need to win in regular time against France.

**Kazakhstan - Norway is direct match for the maintain in this division, the loser of the game (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after over time/penalty shootouts) will be relegated next year for the Under 20 division I Group B.

Men's U20 Div I B in Budapest  (HUN)  Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Italy - Poland

16:30  Slovenia - Hungary

20:00  Great Britain - Ukraine

*Poland need only 1 point to qualify for the division I group A next year, if they will lose in regular time, Hungary will be still in the game but the Hungarians will need to win in regular time against Slovenia.

**Great Britain - Ukraine is direct match for the maintain in this division, the loser of the game (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after over time/penalty shootouts) will be relegated next year for the Under 20 division II Group A.

Men's U20 Div II A in Tallinn (EST)  Last Round

(GMT +2)

13:00  Japan - Lithuania

16:30  Croatia - Netherlands

20:00  Estonia - Romania

*Japan - Lithuania is a direct match for promotion, the winner of the match (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after overtime/GWS) will qualify for Under 20 Division I group B next year.

**Croatia - Netherlands is direct match for the maintain in this division, Croatia need 1 point to maintain in this division, Netherlands will avoid the relegation in the Division II group B next year, only in case of a regular time 3 points win against Croatia tomorrow.

Schedule  17th December 2016

Women's Division II B Qualification in Taipei City (TPE)  Last Round

(GMT +8)

15:30  Bulgaria - Hong Kong

19:00  Belgium - Chinese Taipei

day off - South Africa

*Belgium - Chinese Taipei is a direct match for the qualification for the Women´s Division II Group B World Championships next year. The winner of the match (doesn´t matter if in regular time or after overtime/GWS) will qualify.

Bulgaria womens Ice hockey team won a match :clap::bounce::bounce: for the second time in history :BUL womens hockey National team could hear their anthem and what a beautiful moment singing their anthem it was :clap: wow what a celebrations of the players, the joy of the players was awesome, you can see it in the end of the video  :d

okay, and now can please anyone explain me how is possible to play 2 absolutely opposites performances during 2 days :crazy:

yesterday like some tourists absolutely desinterested by the game losing in shamefule way to Belarus 1-7...to Belarus, oh god !!! and today those same guys playing 100% better and destroying France and closing the match already after 2 periodes. :dunno:

probably the coach stuff had yesterday a pretty interesting speach at the hotel :lol:

Women's Division II B Qualification in Taipei City (TPE)  Last Round

(GMT +8)

15:30  Bulgaria - Hong Kong  6-2

19:00  Belgium - Chinese Taipei  1-2

day off - South Africa

Final Standing:

1. Chinese Taipei  12pts, 2. Belgium 9pts, 3. South Africa 6pts, 4. Bulgaria  3pts, 5. Hong Kong 0pts.

:TPE Chinese Taipei :champion: qualified for the women´s Division II Group B world Championships 2018.

Taipei women earn promotion

Tournament hosts win narrowly over Belgium

4a211c0b57.jpg

The Chinese Taipei women’s national team sings their anthem after winning the tournament on home ice.

The 2017 IIHF Ice Hockey Women's World Championship Division II Group B Qualification went down to the very last game in Taipei City, with Belgium and host Chinese Taipei entering the game with perfect records. On the strength of two power-play goals by defender Liu Chih Lin late in the second period, Chinese Taipei won 2-1 to finish first in the five-team event and earn the promotion in its first ever participation in the Women’s World Championship program.

After a scoreless first period, in which Chinese Taipei dominated with a 17-9 shot advantage, the Belgians struck first just 23 seconds into the second when Sonja Frere swept in a rebound. Four minutes later the Belgians thought they'd added another goal from a scramble around the net, but the whistle had blown prior to the puck crossing the goal line.

In the game, the tournament's two most dominant players went head to head – Chinese Taipei sniper Yeh Hui Chen, who scored 11 goals in the first three games, and Belgian goaltender Nina van Orshaegen, who had 59 of 60 shots saved in the tournament through the end of the first period of this game. In the dying seconds of a power play midway through the second period, Yeh picked up the puck and her own blue line, skated through three Belgian penalty-killers and skated right in on van Orshaegen, who denied her with a pad save.

However, the Belgian penalties kept coming and the Chinese Taipei power play struck twice in the last six minutes of the middle frame. First Liu managed to sweep in a loose puck on a scramble, and later blasted one in from the point after an attacking-zone faceoff.

That was all the offence Chinese Taipei needed, as the Belgians just weren't able to get things going in the third. They did get three power plays, but two of them were cancelled within 20 seconds by penalties of their own. In the end, Chinese Taipei was 2-for-8 on the power play and Belgium was 0-for-4.

What Belgian shots did get through were handled by Hsu Tzu-Ting, making her second start of the tournament as Chinese Taipei alternated goalies. Ting stopped all nine shots she faced in the third period and 33 of 34 in the game, while at the other end van Orshaegen stopped 36 of 38.

With one assist in the last game, Yeh finished with 15 points, giving her a decisive win atop the tournament scoring, beating her nearest challenger – linemate Hsu Ting-Lu – by five points.

Earlier on the tournament's last day, Bulgaria and Hong Kong met, still looking for their first points of the tournament, and it was Bulgaria prevailing 6-2 to claim fourth place. As it is a qualification tournament, no team is relegated.

Finishing in third place was South Africa, who were idle on the final day. The South Africans were right in the middle with two wins and two losses – losing to both Belgium and Chinese Taipei and beating Bulgaria and Hong Kong. They were led offensively by Chloe Schuurman, whose nine points ranked third in the tournament.

By finishing first, Chinese Taipei advances to the Women's World Championship Division II Group B in 2018.

Results Thread Here

Men's Under 20 Div. I A  in Bremerhaven (GER)   Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Kazakhstan - Norway  3-2

16:30  Belarus - Austria  4-0

20:00  Germany - France  6-4

Final Standing:

1. Belarus  13pts, 2. Germany  11pts, 3. France  6pts, 4. Kazakhstan  6pts, 5. Austria  6pts, 6. Norway  3pts.

:BLR Belarus :champion: qualified for the Men´s Under 20 World Championships 2018.

Norway has been relegated to men´s Under 20 Division I Group B World Championships 2018.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men's Under 20 Div I B in Budapest  (HUN)  Last Round

(GMT +1)

13:00  Italy - Poland  5-4

16:30  Slovenia - Hungary  3-4

20:00  Great Britain - Ukraine  1-3

Final Standing:

1. Hungary  12pts, 2. Poland  11pts, 3. Slovenia  8pts, 4. Italy  7pts, 5. Ukraine  5pts, 6. Great Britain  2pts.

:HUN Hungary  :champion:Qualified for the Men´s Under 20 Division I Group A World Championships 2018

Great Britain has been relegated to Men´s Under 20 Division II Group A World Championships 2018.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Men's Under 20 Div II A in Tallinn (EST)  Last Round

(GMT +2)

13:00  Japan - Lithuania  4-6

16:30  Croatia - Netherlands  2-3

20:00  Estonia - Romania  5-6

Final Standing:

1. Lithuania  15pts, 2. Japan  12pts, 3. Romania  7pts, 4. Estonia  6pts, 5. Netherlands  3pts, 6. Croatia  2pts.

:LTU Lithuania  :champion:Qualified for the Men´s Under 20 Division I Group B World Championships 2018.

Croatia has been relegated to Men´s Under 20 Division II Group B World Championships 2018.